M1 Problem

PDA

PFCLEE11B
October 12, 2008, 08:31 PM
I put the bolt in and then attached the charging handle to the bolt and let it slide forward like normal but now i can no longer retract the bolt not even the slightest i have taken the rifle apart down to the 3 main parts the trigger the upper assembly and the lower wood stock. I need to ask those that are smarter than i now to the reason that this is and a solution to this problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dienekes
October 12, 2008, 10:07 PM
Sounds like you didn't quite get it in the track properly. I'd take a brass-faced or fiberglass headed hammer and start rapping it to the rear in the hopes of getting it unbound. Go easy. Less force is better.

If the guide tabs on the op rod are badly worn that might have contributed to what you have.

Good luck.

Onmilo
October 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
1. you put the follower in backwards.
2. you put the follower rod in upside down.
3. you put any or all of the parts in incorrectly.

In a broad sense, recheck your reassembly.

PFCLEE11B
October 12, 2008, 10:51 PM
Sounds like you didn't quite get it in the track properly. I'd take a brass-faced or fiberglass headed hammer and start rapping it to the rear in the hopes of getting it unbound. Go easy. Less force is better.

If the guide tabs on the op rod are badly worn that might have contributed to what you have.

Good luck.

that is what it was thanks all this can be closed

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!