Is a wood *wide* forend for the HK91 available? If not can someone make me one?

PDA

Golden Hound
October 14, 2008, 04:36 AM
I would like a wooden WIDE forend for the HK-91. I want to get a wood buttstock and have the rifle have more wood than plastic on it. I want this so much that I even created a photoshop image of it:

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/akentisa/Filemanager_Public_Files/g333.jpg

I haven't been able to find a single wooden wide forend for the G3 or HK91, anywhere online. I'm pretty sure that they do not exist.

If anyone here is a decent woodworker and would like an interesting project that they can get paid for, I'd love for someone to make a wooden wide forend (with the metal heat shield on the inside) that I could buy. It would have to be basically an exact copy of the regular wide forend, but made out of wood. PM me and quote me a price, if you feel like you're up to this task. I have the ability to do this myself but I'm just too busy to do it at this time. If someone offered to do it for me at a price that I think is alright, I'd be happy to pay them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is a wood *wide* forend for the HK91 available? If not can someone make me one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Golden Hound
October 14, 2008, 08:14 PM
Bumping this once in hopes of a response...if not, then I'll just have to do it myself, what the heck. Any takers?

stubbicatt
October 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
I forwarded your post to a good friend who can do this. It's more a question of his time. Hopefully he will contact you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is a wood *wide* forend for the HK91 available? If not can someone make me one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!