Anyone use an IOR Valdada fixed power 10x42mm scope?

PDA

dodging230grainers
October 14, 2008, 04:01 PM
Anyone ever use the IOR Valdada 10x42mm side focus scope? At only $800, it seems like an affordable choice for a high quality fixed 10x scope....any opinions out there?

Here it is:

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/valdada-tactical-rifle-scope-p-874.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use an IOR Valdada fixed power 10x42mm scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stubbicatt
October 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
Good scope, good glass, good click adjustments. I'd buy one if you can get it with the MP8 reticle.

Dutchman01
October 14, 2008, 08:48 PM
I had one of their 6x years ago. I thought I had a problem with it, turned out to be the mt. Before I figured out what the problem was I called the valdata company. Turns out the warranty was a "guy" at valdata saying his scopes never failed. I traded the scope off. After that I bought a kahles 10x that was first rate and had a "company" with a repair department. The next time I buy I'll get a leopold. Might as well put an american or two to work. :cool:

dodging230grainers
October 14, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, it will be with the MP-8 reticle.

Anyone prefer this reticle over the standard mild-dot reticle? It seems like you could effectively use holdovers for long rage shooting with the 1/2 Mil stadia lines.

stubbicatt
October 15, 2008, 08:12 AM
Not really on the holdovers, as the first line under the cross hairs is pretty far, IIRC, like 5 mils. So if you are changing distances that far, then I guess so.

dodging230grainers
October 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
huh?

Doesn't the reticle increase in 1/2 mil increments?

The first wide stadia line is 5 mils, and the last wide stadia line is 10 mils.

Take a look.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/ior_mp8_reticle.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use an IOR Valdada fixed power 10x42mm scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!