vulcan receiver + yugo m70ab2 kit = good?

PDA

yongxingfreesty
October 15, 2008, 02:45 AM
Is this a good match? Does the bulged receiver have any problems? Is Vulcan a reputable company?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=113141733
and

If you enjoyed reading about "vulcan receiver + yugo m70ab2 kit = good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
elmerfudd
October 15, 2008, 02:59 AM
Just get a Nodakspud instead. Vulcan has one of the worst reputations there is. It's a company run by a shady individual who changes it's name from time to time. Used to be called Hesse.

Even if the receiver turned out to be good, you'd have that Vulcan name stuck on your rifle and knocking it's value down 50%.

http://www.nodakspud.com/

nwilliams
October 15, 2008, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't buy anything with the Vulcan name on it:barf:

bobotech
October 15, 2008, 03:51 AM
I built a M70AB2 on one of those receivers except that mine had a virgin rear end (no holes cutout for the underfolder). It worked but took a LOT of tweaking to get the receiver to line up right and in a way, it was good that the holes were never cut, we then had to move the trunnion inwards about a millimeter or two so that the dust cover would not pop off.

If you got the receiver for free and were to build it on an old CFS 59 dollar sewer bore M70, then I say go for it, but only if you got the receiver for free.

Paying for it? No stinking way, get a Nodak Spud.

bobotech
October 15, 2008, 03:52 AM
error (kept getting error when submitting)

bobotech
October 15, 2008, 03:52 AM
error again

bobotech
October 15, 2008, 03:54 AM
error

JWarren
October 15, 2008, 07:35 AM
bobotech wrote:

error

error again

error

Bobotech has utilized the internet forum version of Interpretive Dance to answer your question. :D

Apply that to any Hesse/Vulcan questions liberally.

-- John

yongxingfreesty
October 15, 2008, 11:32 AM
thanks will go for nodak receiver then, i also see a century arms DCI receiver on gunbroker.com, is $120shipped a good deal?

bobotech
October 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
The century arms DCI receiver IS the nodak spud receiver, just labled differently.

Century had Nodak engrave their receivers differently for all of their Century b uilds.

It is why the Century Yugo builds are actually very nice and very well built compared to a lot of Century stuff.

Go to Nodak's website and order from them directly and don't worry about the gunbroker middle man.

http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

85 dollars plus shipping and your FFL fees.

nalioth
October 15, 2008, 02:02 PM
thanks will go for nodak receiver then, i also see a century arms DCI receiver on gunbroker.com, is $120shipped a good deal? You can get them direct from Nodak for $85 shipped.

Don't ever buy anything from gunbroker that you can't get anywhere else.

If you enjoyed reading about "vulcan receiver + yugo m70ab2 kit = good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!