IBTL, thr.us

PDA

ridata
October 15, 2008, 11:25 PM
I was wondering how the new thr.us is working. Did Oleg make it a mirror of the site at the point he made it, or does it continue to mirror? I didn't see the last thr.us that is here at thr.org thread over at thr.us. Yes, JShirley, this thread is about this site, but feel free to lock it and make it my first locked thread.

I've been slightly annoyed that I kept hitting 'senior member' status and then another post of mine would get deleted and bump me back down to member. :D It wasn't like my posts were offtopic or anything, not sure why they got deleted. But I have been laughing at it. :neener:

Another reason for this thread was to discuss IBTL, as the last thread was L'd before I got to it. It isn't necessarily because because we think a thread should be locked that we post that, but that we think it will be. We (sometimes) don't report posts because we don't necessarily want it closed. I do agree that it wastes about as much posting space as '+1' posts do. But hey, it increases post count, 'til they get deleted.

Oh, and btw, as if he or anyone cares, I think Oleg is making a mistake doing what he is doing. He's disappointing a lot of people, including one mod already(BullfrogKen). I think many, many people would like to 'really' start over if we are going to sort of start over.

If you enjoyed reading about "IBTL, thr.us" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cpttango30
October 16, 2008, 12:22 AM
I am disgusted at all parties involved. Both can't keep their mouths shut and like to think we want to be dragged into the middle of it all.

I for one don't and Will not post here or there. I am sick to death of it all. Like a couple of teenage girls fighting over a boy that doesn't like either one of them but their one loan fat friend.

za73
October 16, 2008, 12:47 AM
Thank you Oleg.

Be over @ .US in a few seconds.

Bye, bye Derrick

sanglant
October 16, 2008, 12:50 AM
and.............................. it's down :confused:

can't we all just be friends?

3pairs12
October 16, 2008, 01:04 AM
I will stay here I may hit .us if the .org gets hut down but not until then.

JShirley
October 16, 2008, 01:17 AM
So...I'm understanding you to say that sometimes you like posting to threads you know should be locked...just because? :)

As far as post count, you know what they say: it's quality, not quantity. :neener:

John

ScoobyDoo
October 16, 2008, 01:42 AM
As far as post count, you know what they say: it's quality, not quantity. :neener: Yes..

harmonic
October 16, 2008, 01:47 AM
I for one don't and Will not post here or there.

And we're reading this because........we're reading your mind?

Almond27
October 16, 2008, 03:43 AM
Hey Oleg has the right to take whoever he wants to court because its AMERICA and it's our God given right. Also I don't like how they involved everyone either but I will participate in both sites because there is alot of knowledge from people I would like to read. Just my .2 cents take it or leave it.

ridata
October 16, 2008, 11:09 AM
As far as post count, you know what they say: it's quality, not quantity.
Yeah ... but I thought all of my posts were marginally helpful. Could you by chance PM me with some of my deleted posts, I can't tell from a search which ones were deleted. Thanks.

hso
October 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately a disagreement over the question of "ownership" came up and has gone from a private matter that was trying to be dealt with internally so as to not impact the members to a public matter.

THR is not Oleg or Derek. It is the members and Staff.

Almond27
October 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
I agree, hso I think both THR's websites now can and have a bunch of good people now matter what legal issues are going on.

BamBam-31
October 16, 2008, 08:03 PM
There is no question of ownership on THR.us. ;)

ridata
October 16, 2008, 08:18 PM
THR is not Oleg or Derek. It is the members and Staff.

It is the members and staff, but now there seems to be a OlegStaff and Members and a DerekStaff and Members. With that separation it is hard not to picture it one way or the other.

JShirley
October 16, 2008, 08:32 PM
...And we certainly aren't deciding anything technical here. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "IBTL, thr.us" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!