Goodbye THR (and THR)

PDA

Thernlund
October 16, 2008, 01:32 AM
Pfff... you guys.

Nevermind.

Have fun kids.

-T.

If you enjoyed reading about "Goodbye THR (and THR)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
evan price
October 16, 2008, 02:17 AM
Wasn't there something in the TOS about people wanting to leave should just quit posting and leave it at that, and not bother with drama queen goodbyes?

Sorry to see you go, Thernlund. Hope you find happiness on whatever other forums you choose to visit.

markk
October 16, 2008, 02:24 AM
From HERE (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=370999)...
Goodbyes: If you decide for any reason that you will no longer share your time with us here, posting a public goodbye will only make us think you are an attention-seeking drama queen. If you decide to go, do so quietly and with decorum. You may always change your mind at your leisure.

jlh26oo
October 16, 2008, 02:24 AM
No Therlund don't go! Well, I understand and let's hope the mods use your pictures responsibly, see you on the other forums etc. Hey, E.P. yeah you are right. I just saw that T.O.S. rule regarding "D.Q. goodbyes" referenced in another thread:

Goodbyes: If you decide for any reason that you will no longer share your time with us here, posting a public goodbye will only make us think you are an attention-seeking drama queen. If you decide to go, do so quietly and with decorum. You may always change your mind at your leisure.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=370999

jlh26oo
October 16, 2008, 02:25 AM
R.o.f.l.

harmonic
October 16, 2008, 09:08 AM
I won't be fooling with the "other" THR much. A) It's too slow and B) there's really no need. It seems its only reason for existing is thumb their noses at this forum.

Besides, too many of the former mods of this forum (now gone, thankfully) were downright snide and rude. I can only assume they'll pick up where they left off on the new THR. Thanx, but no thanx.

shdwfx
October 16, 2008, 10:05 AM
delete

1 old 0311
October 16, 2008, 10:20 AM
It does appear The High Road, has taken The Low Road.

Darthbauer
October 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
It does appear The High Road, has taken The Low Road.

Yeah it does, every time I post something there seems to be someone that pops up and has to say I'm wrong. I'm sorry, if i wanted to be told i was wrong id talk to my wife a lot more.

hankdatank1362
October 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
We'll miss you at the SIG club.

The Bushmaster
October 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
You mean if everyone leaves before this is settled I could do a "hostile take over"?? All right!!

I'll stay here for now. Even if it's to see how this comes out. Starting to become a "soap opera"...

hso
October 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
.org isn't asking anyone to take sides or to pick one place over another.

Oleg and the people helping him at .us think they've done the right thing for whatever various reasons they may have. The staff and members here think they're doing the right thing for whatever various reasons they may have.

But no one here is asking anyone to make any choices other than to continue to support RKBA.

CoRoMo
October 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah it does, every time I post something there seems to be someone that pops up and has to say I'm wrong. I'm sorry, if i wanted to be told i was wrong id talk to my wife a lot more.

... but that made me laugh! So true!:D:neener::D

Now I'll go back to crying about the recent drama.:(:(:(

Gewehr98
October 16, 2008, 03:04 PM
Goodbye THR (and THR)

From here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=370999

Well-stated, and quite appropriate.

shdwfx
October 16, 2008, 03:25 PM
But no one here is asking anyone to make any choices other than to continue to support RKBA.

Nobody's asking us to choose (or at least admitting it), but the fork puts the THR community in the position of having to choose which forum to frequent.

They aren't going to ever be able to put the .org and .us forums back together.

The .us folks claim they will be merged, but the technical difficulties will be great, and this site will likely (eventually) end up having to change its domain name.

Two sites, and never the twain shall meet.

It's a shame.

bearmgc
October 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I can't get all choked up about this stuff.....I have a real life to tend to. Good luck to all who leave for whatever reasons. I'll stay here for comic relief to the remaining hordes.

JShirley
October 16, 2008, 07:05 PM
Okay, we've let this one stay open pointlessly...we've never encouraged goodbye threads.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Goodbye THR (and THR)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!