The Stag Arms Owners' Trust-Your-AR Poll

PDA

Amadeus
October 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
How much do you trust your Stag AR?
Under what conditions?
Why?
Why not?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Stag Arms Owners' Trust-Your-AR Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
October 16, 2008, 09:29 PM
i do not own one, but the ones that i have shot/ ran/ trained with i would take them to hell and back no problem.

why? they are reliable, accurate, well built and run like a top.

why not? there is no why not!

glockman19
October 16, 2008, 09:40 PM
Of my 2 stag AR's I'd take either into a combat situation....but...I'd prefer my M1A when the SHTF. The penetration of the 7.62 over the 5.56 would be my main criteria.

Amadeus
October 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
Bump.

cbrgator
October 17, 2008, 03:29 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOVE my Stag. I'd take it with me into combat in a heartbeat. I'm not a soldier but it is my SHTF rifle and its as reliable as can be.

RockyMtnTactical
October 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Stag makes excellent AR15's in my experience. I've personally put them through some extensive carbine courses and been very pleased (not one failure). Can't say the same for all other brands...

TIMC
October 17, 2008, 04:09 PM
From my understanding Stag Arms is a subsidiary of Continental Machine and Tool which has been making parts for AR's since the 60's. Most AR manufacturers today use their parts.
I didn't vote in the poll because nothing really fit the categories for my Stags. I have the model 6 which is a good range and P-dog rifle which is what I wanted it for. The rifle is accurate beyond my expectations. The other is a Stag lower I have on my AR-57 upper and so far it has performed well.
Stag model 6
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/StagArmsmodel6.jpg?t=1224270476

AR-57 with Stag lower
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/AR57withscopepic1.jpg?t=1224270531

taliv
October 17, 2008, 04:15 PM
did you put that together as a joke?

5.7x28 upper with a bipod? and the AR mag installed so it can't eject? and a facog?

that's like putting mudflaps and a winch on a harley

TIMC
October 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
did you put that together as a joke?
5.7x28 upper with a bipod? and the AR mag installed so it can't eject? and a facog?
that's like putting mudflaps and a winch on a harley

No, no joke,:rolleyes: Sorry it does not appeal to you.

The bipod was just for the picture.

The mag has been hollowed out, cut down and is a fully functional brass catcher. I will say it works very well too. I reload so it works well for me.

The scope is the only one I found that would fit and still be able to remove the mag, scope length was a critical factor if I wanted optics with magnification. I was not going to spend $1000 on a ACOG for a 100 yard plinker rifle. The Chinese knock off works very well so far.

Bartkowski
October 17, 2008, 04:30 PM
Forget I posted, I was responding to taliv but TIMC said pretty much what I was going to say.

taliv
October 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
that's actually not a bad idea for a brass catcher!

sorry for hacking on it.

IndianaBoy
October 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a slick setup to me TIMC.

I like the brass catcher idea.

As for the Facog... for a plinker rifle why not? :)

possum
October 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
that is a smooth looking rifle and the brass catcher is an awesome idea you should patent that before someone else does and makes money off of your idea.

Ben Shepherd
October 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
I voted squre range weekend warrior. Why? "Cause that's as far as I know I'm good for. The gun most likely can do the rest, I'm sure.

Amadeus
October 18, 2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted or offered their opinion about the Stag AR. To the rest of you who own Stag AR rifles, please, let us know how much you trust your Stag, if at all.

Is it a tough and reliable rifle, worthy of taking into extended combat?

Or, is it just a plinker best left in the safe until the weekend rolls around?

Amadeus
October 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
That's a beautiful rifle, TimC

dodge
October 18, 2008, 07:09 PM
I own a Model 3 and am very pleased with it so far. I did have to upgrade the extractor and put a heavier buffer into it and after that it's been 100% reliable with everything that I've fed it. All I have ever used it for is plinking but it's stands loaded and ready for home defense if the need ever arises. It is my SHTF rifle so I quess it's good to go for extended service.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Stag Arms Owners' Trust-Your-AR Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!