Source for quality AK mags

PDA

Timradcliffe345
October 16, 2008, 09:46 PM
Looking for a source of AK metal mags that wont bust the bank. Is there any real difference between bulgarian, hungarian, romanian and yugoslavian mags? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Source for quality AK mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
October 16, 2008, 09:55 PM
The Hungarian and Bulgarian metal mags I've bought from AIM Surplus have all been in extremely good condition and run fine, and are pretty nicely priced (especially the $8.95 used Hungarians).

SSN Vet
October 16, 2008, 09:56 PM
Scopes distributing will hook you up!

camslam
October 16, 2008, 10:31 PM
I picked up 20 (30 round) Romanian mags from AimSurplus for $9.00 a piece.

They all work great and were in good condition.

Tough to beat that if you ask me.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 16, 2008, 10:33 PM
Any former soviet bloc country's ak mags run great, as long as they're not beat completely to heck.

Regards,

Dave

wally
October 16, 2008, 10:38 PM
Any of the Eastern European or Chinese mags are great, even ones with dents will work fine as long as the floor plate stays on and the follower moves past the dents. Great design and built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

US made AK mags are pretty much crap. Avoid ones made by National like the plague. Pro Mags will usually work if they don't fall out of your gun, but they are not worth the asking price, the used mags are a bargain at their asking price.

--wally.

chris in va
October 17, 2008, 01:04 AM
Scopes distributing will hook you up!

That would be 'Copes Distributing'.
http://www.copesdistributing.net/

I like the 20rd 'tanker' mags. If you ever run out of ammo, just throw these suckers at the BG. Knock him out.

Hoppy590
October 17, 2008, 01:04 AM
any military surplus mag is top quality.

innerpiece
October 17, 2008, 02:22 AM
yer local tin shop will do.....

no seriously, imo, Id stick to surplus gear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Source for quality AK mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!