This was kinda weird...

PDA

usmcpmi
October 17, 2008, 12:58 AM
I just recieved a e-mail on my private address from "Oleg Volk" telling me to dump this site and move over to the ".us" site. He also asked to post his links on this site. Stating that "The High Road" belonged to him... I don't know him from Adam, and feel at home right here. Just seems odd to have someone tell me to move to another site, that is supposedly a mirror of this one. Any suggestions? Thanks, MG

If you enjoyed reading about "This was kinda weird..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
October 17, 2008, 01:23 AM
There is an internal struggle going on in regards to ownership of the fourm - Oleg is claiming ownership, as is the Sys Admin Derek Zeanah. There is curently a court case brewing to settle the matter once and for all, and in the meantime Oleg has seen fit to create a "new" High Road, under the premise that this one has been stolen, and therefore somehow illegitimate. Quite a few of us have gotten the same messages. Whether or not you move to the "new" High Road is entirely up to you - many have, but many have also stayed right here. Personally, I haven't decided which is the right answer. I've got history here, and don't want to be a part of the pissing contest the higher-ups are having at the moment, and creating a seperate forum (and thereby creating a rift in the membership) seems a poor move to me, but who am I to say anything.

Anyway, that's what's up. Totally your choice whether to stay or go.

JShirley
October 17, 2008, 02:03 AM
That's about as good an explanation as you'll see about this unfortunate incident. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "This was kinda weird..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!