The best flashlight ever?

PDA

Griz44
October 17, 2008, 11:42 AM
New model of flashlight. (http://burntpowder.com/WebPics/flashlight.wmv)

Cool, huh?

If you enjoyed reading about "The best flashlight ever?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Griz44
October 17, 2008, 11:46 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a 9MM maglight though....

Schofield3
October 17, 2008, 11:47 AM
surefire

Schofield3
October 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
And unfortunately that magpul isn’t readily available to the average Joe just yet!

HGUNHNTR
October 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
Maglights? Ever tried a Surefire, definitely tops a maglight.

Griz44
October 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
Did anyone watch the video? It's not the flashlight that makes it interesting...... Yea I have a maglight and 2 surefires, neither will shoot 9mm....

MinnMooney
October 17, 2008, 11:55 AM
Why oh why would any company in their right mind develope something so cool but then ruin it's market chances by making it a machine gun.... which would probably sell for $20m-$25m ?!? If they came out with an auto-loader that was legal to buy without some super federal permit/license then I believe they'd really have something there.

P.S. maglights are stil tops come on 'smoothie' how about a little more thought in your post? :confused: This item has little to do with a flashlight and everything to do with self-defense.

Pat-inCO
October 17, 2008, 11:57 AM
That was out in FEBRUARY.

Schofield3
October 17, 2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry Griz44, I see that we’re missing the main point of it being a badass compact gun, but I think we’ve seen this once or twice before, but it is damn neat….

conw
October 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
Best flashlight ever would have to be Larry Niven's idea from the Ringworld/Known Space series. You can adjust it into a ray gun, a lightsaber type thing, or--of course--any brightness of flashlight :)

Geronimo45
October 17, 2008, 02:33 PM
come on 'smoothie' how about a little more thought in your post? This item has little to do with a flashlight and everything to do with self-defense.
From my experience with Surefire, I believe the 'blinding' ability of the high-powered flashlights is overrated. And wouldn't you rather take this:
http://www.postfreeoutdoorgear.co.uk/acatalog/Maglite-dcell.jpg
... into a fight, rather than this?
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/surefire_e2l_gif.jpg
If all else fails, with the Maglite you can at least pole-vault over the nearest fence to get away. :p

hankdatank1362
October 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
"If it gets nasty... get down to business."

Kel-Tec should make one in semi.

Acera
October 17, 2008, 03:08 PM
MinnMooney you ask a number of questions, let me attempt to answer some of them.

Why oh why would any company in their right mind develope something so cool but then ruin it's market chances by making it a machine gun.

Well they said you could add an auto sear. So that is an option, it is semi as shown.

If they came out with an auto-loader that was legal to buy without some super federal permit/license then I believe they'd really have something there.

Well then it would not be that same thing, it would have a 16+ inch barrel. Probably not the same coolness factor. You can probably get one of these with a tax stamp. Like you would any SBR. Since I have not heard about gun restrictions be relaxed anytime soon, it will probably stay a permit required firearm.

which would probably sell for $20m-$25m

You are kidding right? They are not developing this for you and me (even though they want to you to think it's everyday equipment for going to the mailbox), it's for government, police, and specialized security firms that can purchase full auto weapons manufactured after 1986.

Now they did say that it is based on a Glock. If you are lucky enough to have a Glock imported into the U.S. before 1986 that is registered as a machine gun, you might be able to have the conversion done. (Select Fire Glock 18 developed in 86, so slight chance, but doubtful.) If found, I would expect tens of thousands, not tens of millions.

Kinda hard to believe that there are some companies that make weapons for the police and military, not for civilians, and make a good living at it.:rolleyes:

+ 1 Griz44

conw
October 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
That is awesome though...love the way it unfolds in one motion.

"You stick it in your back pocket, go to walk your dog, you're on target. Anything gets nasty, requires immediate action, you get down to bidnus." :)

scottishclaymore
October 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
Holy mackerel.

That rocks.

halfbreed808
October 21, 2008, 12:49 AM
OOO, OOO, OOO, I waaaaant one.:evil::p:D

QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW
October 21, 2008, 11:18 AM
surefires are nice, i have one, but cant beat a 6D cell maglight, well you can beat the intruder to hell with it.

ProShooter
October 21, 2008, 11:25 AM
The best? The one with fresh batteries in it when the power goes out!

BayouBocephus
October 21, 2008, 11:32 AM
That is a Magpul FMG-9 (Folding Machine Gun) It is Saaaweeeeeettt......I want 2..:rolleyes:

Darthbauer
October 21, 2008, 11:37 AM
Surefire makes lights that you can beat people with like the M6 and M4 and they will hold up better than the maglight. Or you could get the E2D which can rip off skin, show me a maglight that can do that. Not to mention the fact that Surefires are a hell of a lot brighter.

As for the OP, I think most of have seen that more than once on here. Also, as for the actual light, its an Insight M3. They probably would have used a surefire on there but Surefire pissed off magpul right before shot08.

Justin
October 21, 2008, 11:43 AM
maglights are stil tops

Only if you've never handled a light from Surefire or Inova.

Since this is actually a thread about a machine pistol, I'm going to move it there. We've actually had about a dozen threads dealing with this video in the past.

Mike U.
October 21, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well, it's kind of embarrassing to own up to, but, this is a first for me. Pretty doggone cool.
I wonder if they will make one for the Glock Model 20?

Does anyone know if this made it to production or not?

Darthbauer
October 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
Magpul said that they made it just to show people what they were capable of. So no, it never made it to production. Thats not saying that it might, but at the rate magpul is getting products out it will probably be up for sale between now and your death.

wep45
October 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
can i get one of these in a .357 magnum??:cool:

Darthbauer
October 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
How about a pocket size folding RPG?

f4t9r
October 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
I have seen that before, its pretty cool

MachIVshooter
October 21, 2008, 11:42 PM
I prefer my flashlight. It has a .308 attached to it.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Hunter2506/AR-10A2carbine.jpg

Kind of Blued
October 22, 2008, 12:27 AM
"To show you what we're capable of"... :rolleyes:

Try making a gun for once.

Maybe a pellet gun would be a good starting point.

Mike U.
October 22, 2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder, MackIVshooter!

A couple of my favorite flashlights have attachments too. A WASR 10/63 on the left and the venerable Remington 870 on the right. Does this shotgun count as an EBR?
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Mike_U_photos/Mvc-012f.jpg

Otis
October 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
I wouldnt say its the best but this one is down right amazing. You dont need to shoot 9mm when you can just fry them. :fire:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Wicked_Lights-74-0.html

Otis

Mike U.
October 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
That flashlight is unreal! If I hadn't seen that video I'd have sent up the B.S. flag. A flashlight that scrambles eggs and sets paper on fire. Whoda thunk-it?

mauiglide
October 24, 2008, 03:08 AM
I've owned SureFire handhelds for years and now I am totally into SureFire weapon lights. I really like the quality and design.

If you enjoyed reading about "The best flashlight ever?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!