Is $200 too much for a Norinco SKS w/ 2 30rnd. Clips?

PDA

Chucklej1
October 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'm wanting to get it especially before Obama gets in there and puts the ban back into effect for good. It's looks really nice. There's just a little bitty spot of rust on the barrel and that's it. Please help I'm gonna need to buy soon cause another guy wants it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is $200 too much for a Norinco SKS w/ 2 30rnd. Clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ben Shepherd
October 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
If it's in good shape, that's a good price. Not a steal, but I'd do it.

BTW: Those are magazines, not clips.

Chucklej1
October 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
Cool Thanks and Uh err.. I was waiting to see if anyone would catch it. It uh uh err.. was a test fine sir and you passed!!! LOL. What is the difference. I've been told once before but don't remember.

Auburn1992
October 17, 2008, 02:28 PM
A clip is something that loads a magazine (i.e. stripper clips - garand, enfield, mosin nagant etc.)

A magazine is something like an AR15 mag or AK mag.

H2O MAN
October 17, 2008, 02:32 PM
Auburn1992 A clip is something that loads a magazine (i.e. stripper clips - garand, enfield, mosin nagant etc.)

A magazine is something like an AR15 mag or AK mag.

Yep, and the M14 can be loaded/re-loaded via stripper clips without removing the magazine from the rifle.

Not many people do this, but it is possible :)

Tarvis
October 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
Not many people do this, but it is possible
It would be handy to have a pause in a battle and be able to top off a mag real quick without going into the second part of the fight with a half full mag or a half mag in the pouch, but not too many people are faced with this predicament.

briansmithwins
October 17, 2008, 04:34 PM
You may find the 30 round mags are not a bonus: Many of the aftermarket mags for the SKS just don't work. I'd sell them and get a stock 10 round internal mag that's loaded with clips in the interest of increased reliability.

BTW:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/briansmithwins/clipmagbk6-1.jpg

Chucklej1
October 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks For the info. What about the price does it sound good to you guys?

Ben Shepherd
October 17, 2008, 04:54 PM
Simple:

Clips load magazines. Magazines load guns. See? Easy.

But as to your original topic- You buy that gun yet?

atblis
October 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
That's not too horrible a price for the SKS depending on where you are. If it is an arsenal 26 gun, it is one of the better Chinese SKS. Some of them are pretty much actually Ruskies. Have one of the 26s that appears to be mostly Russian parts.

The 30 round SKS clips are pretty much always worthless junk.

Feanaro
October 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
The 30 round magazines are probably junk. Not "feel cheap" but "won't work" type junk. Does it come with the original 10 round magazine? If so, that's a good price in my area. You can always try to sell those 2 magazines to some poor fool someone. If not, I'd try to price an original magazine and decide if the extra cash and time is worth it.

Shear_stress
October 17, 2008, 06:35 PM
If it's an SKS that was set up to take AK mags, on the other hand, $200 would a terrific deal.

blo0dyhatchet
October 17, 2008, 06:50 PM
If its a pair of USA steel mags, they should be fine. I have shot a lot of ammo with them and never had an issue what so ever. If I came across a norinco sks for 200 in my area and it wasn't trashed, I would buy it.

Babarsac
October 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Good info here because I'm about to list my Chinese SKS with two additional 30 round mags for $200 local.

Babarsac
October 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
Not trying to hijack but how would one tell which arsenal the SKS came from?

atblis
October 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
http://yooperj.com/SKS-1.htm

sharpshooter74
October 17, 2008, 11:36 PM
I bought my first norinco sks for $150.. oh how I so regret ever selling it later.. When I go into the gun stores around my area, the same gun is going for as high as $350, with the polymer stock, and mags. Keep your norinco sks, or you'll regret it like me. $200 is a great deal compared to what I've seen it selling for lately.

Ben Shepherd
October 17, 2008, 11:56 PM
Since everone jumped on the detatchable mag thing, I'll give it a go.

SO FAR the tapco ones have been building a pretty solid reputation. IF I were to use them(I'm not, an SKS isn't an AK, and was not meant to be.) That would be the ones I'd use.

Some folks swear by aftermarket detatchables, as they've had nothing but good luck with them. But in reality your odds are 50/50 IME.

Not to mention you have to be careful about 922 issues when you head that direction.

True AKs are full-auto, not the neutered ones we get to play with. They were designed as an area effect weapon, were as the SKS was first and foremost a rifle. Aimed fire was expected.

Both excell at what they do, but they were designed to do different things.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
October 17, 2008, 11:58 PM
Simple answer: No, that's a pretty good price nowadays.

Ben Shepherd
October 18, 2008, 12:09 AM
PremiumSauces-EXACTLY.

So- like I asked before-

Did you buy it yet?:D

Chucklej1
October 18, 2008, 09:44 AM
Haven't bought it yet but I'm realy leaning towards it. It's a Norinco SKS with fiberglass stock. and includes two 30rd duckbill magazines. I also, think it comes w/ at least 350 rounds of ammo from what I can tell from the pics. The model though I'm not to sure. He doesn't state it in the listing just that it's a Norinco. Thanks for all the info guys. Any more input always apprec. If i buy it in the mean time i'll let ya know and take some pics.

atblis
October 18, 2008, 10:07 PM
350 rounds of ammo is ~$70 worth. Sounds like a pretty good deal actually

Roadwild17
October 18, 2008, 10:16 PM
Lets see here:

A decent price on a gun: CHECK

Magazines for gun: CHECK

Ammo for gun: CHECK

Not having to register it: PRICELESS
(if its FTF)

smee781
October 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
If you want a mag that works great for an sks get the Tapco 20 round mags, I use them and they work great, no malfunctions ever. I saw they are putting out a 30 round mag now, may have to try them out as well.:)

BoilerUP
October 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
No, $200 is not too much. :D

And yes, both 30rd magazines are EXTREMELY reliable...at least out of the Norinco SKS I'm selling for $200 FTF/$225 shipped in the Louisville, KY area.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=392329

Both rifle, stock and magazines are pre-94 AWB. The ammo in the pictures doesn't come with it for the $200 FTF/225 shipped price, but I'm a reasonable guy...buy the rifle for asking price and for just $25 more I'll include 200rds (plus $10 shipping if that's required).

The election is what, 11 days away now?

Somebody please make this rifle a nice new home...I NEED TO FEED MY 22-250 ADDICTION...

If you enjoyed reading about "Is $200 too much for a Norinco SKS w/ 2 30rnd. Clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!