ruger 22lr.

PDA

poppeye
October 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
help I am wondering if I should get a 10/22 or a mark I, II, or III. I want a pistol cause there small and pretty fun to shoot.:) but i can get a 10/?22 at my walmart for $193.73 thats good isn't it? How much is a mark pistol? Do you have any for sale?

Ps. I would use it for squirrel hunting and just A.T.M. "Anything That Moves."

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger 22lr." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Larry E
October 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
Pistols are fun to shoot, but for hunting you'd probably do better with a 10/22 unless you're a really good pistol shot - unlike me. :o

Marcus L.
October 17, 2008, 07:21 PM
I used to have a MKIII Hunter. It was one heck of a .22lr pistol, but after a while I determined that I simply didn't need a .22lr pistol unless I wanted it for plinking. Pistols are "usually" best for close range defense, and the .22lr isn't adequate for that, and rimfires tend to experience a lot of failures to fire with ammo. When hunting, the .22lr is intended for small game which are small targets and a rifle is much better for taking small game for eating. You can shoot coyotes and stray dogs with the .22lr, but you need a little more precision in your hits for it to be effective which is better out of a rifle. I guess if you just want to pop animals for fun it isn't bad. If you want to hunt though, I would recommend something like the Marlin 60 in stainless. If you ever plan on eating anything you hunt, or just want to be humane, you want the precision that a rifle will give you to take game more effectively.

bannockburn
October 17, 2008, 07:31 PM
poppeye

For hunting, paper punching, or just plain old plinking, the 10/22 is hard to beat. My own, which I purchased new 30 years ago, is still one of the most accurate and reliable .22LR autoloaders I have ever owned. Over the years, it has shown a marked preference for CCI MiniMags and Wolf Match Target ammo. And if you want to personalize, accurize, or accessorize your rifle, the 10/22 can offer you more modifications from mild to wild than just about any other .22LR rifle out there.

JImbothefiveth
October 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
The .22 won't be good for "Anything that moves". Deer, for example, should never be hunted with a .22But I see you have a 12 gauge stevens, for bigger stuff.

I have a 10/22, it's my main target practice gun, and I intend to buy a ruger mark for my next gun.
Do you already have a rifle, or a handgun?
If you already have a good .22 rifle, but not a handgun, I'd say get the handgun.

presspuller
October 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
Everybody should own at least one of each.

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger 22lr." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!