Steyr LP2 vs. LP10

PDA

cavman
October 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
Do we do airguns here?

I am wondering about the Steyr LP2 vs the LP10 benefits

I did a bunch of google-fu but to little avail.

I am thinking of getting an air pistol. What are the main differences for a novice like me? I shoot bullseye and am getting so-so proficient and want to give the air a go to work on trigger control over the winter.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr LP2 vs. LP10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.38 Special
October 17, 2008, 09:14 PM
In your shoes I would take a good look at TargetTalk.org and, if the question has not already been answered, post it there.

You may find a good answer here, but I don't think this is exactly a hotbed of 10 meter AP shooters.

FWIW, while I can't answer your question, I can suggest that you take a close look at the Baikal IZH46M. This one is supposedly as accurate as the top quality guns from Steyr, and is deficient only in grips and dry-fire trigger. I do know that the LP10 has more adjustability in the grips, trigger, and rear sight blade (depth and width.)

Having said that, I have wondered about any other differences between the two Steyr pistols myself. If you find an answer, I hope you'll post it here.

cavman
October 17, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks .38

Will do.

cavman
October 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
Here are the two responses from TargetTalk.org :

Main differences are:
- no recoil absorber on LP2
- less rear sights adjustments on LP2
- less trigger adjustments on LP2
- other manner to mount additional weigths
- LP2 list price is lower but usually delivered with only one cylinder while the LP10 is delivered with two cylinders and additional weights => if you add the price of the second cylinder and weights, the price difference become small => I would advise to go for a LP10. Steyr sells much more LP10's than LP2's.

and:

If you want to train for bullsye, get the LP50 semi-auto with the 1911 grip as recommended by Brian Zins

Chicken-Farmer
October 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
I agree that you will find more responses over at targettalk.org. I have loathed for one of the fine precision airguns for years but i can't justify the price right now. Scott over at pilk guns will gladly tell you the differences if you give him a call.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr LP2 vs. LP10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!