AR Build, Minor Problem - Stock Wrench

PDA

TrafficMan
October 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
I ordered a Stock Wrench for my AR build from Midway. Got the stock from Gunbroker, just a standard M4 Collapsible...

The stock wrench doesn't fit correctly into the castle nut on the stock. Appears that the notches on the Castle Nut are too small for the wrench. Is this a common issue? I suppose I could just file down the wrench to make it work, but I would appreciate some input before I do that.

Thanks In Advance.

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Build, Minor Problem - Stock Wrench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
October 18, 2008, 12:29 AM
Hmmm...

My stock wrench fit, but I got it from Brownell's and the stock from Cavalry.

Are you sure it's "standard"?

You could also swap out the castle nut with a standard one, or file the notches bigger.

Rubber_Duck
October 18, 2008, 01:09 AM
Carbine castle nuts have notches on BOTH sides. Perhaps you put the castle nut on backwards, as the small notches are for staking the castle nut (by punching metal into it from the reciever end plate). The castle nut and/or stock wrench may also be out of spec. If possible, try the stock wrench on another AR to see if it fits.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Receiver-Extention-Nut-Castle-Nut-p/nut%20receiver%20extention.htm

Hope this helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Build, Minor Problem - Stock Wrench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!