Whatís a nice sporterized Lee-Enfield worth?

PDA

G.A.Pster
October 18, 2008, 03:54 AM
Whatís a nice sporterized Lee-Enfield worth?

A friend of mine has a very nice sporterized Lee-Enfield (303 British) , I could get it for under $100, I looked at it a year or so ago, but at the time I didnít buy it because it was just one more gun Iíd have to feed (and in a relatively rare caliber no less.)
Since it was a while ago I donít remember what model it was, but I do remember it was very nice and in good condition, and had well done checkering, and it may have even had a darker wood inlay on the front, I don't remember.

With the economy in a nosedive, I think turning money (which devaluates) into a gun (which usually donít devaluate) may be a good idea.

Whatís it worth? More or less than a hundred bucks?

If you enjoyed reading about "Whatís a nice sporterized Lee-Enfield worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
October 18, 2008, 03:58 AM
If it's a plain jane sporterization of a SMLE than $100 would be a good buy price.

BUT

If it's an older rifle that was built as a sporting arm such as a Lee Speed the value could be exponentially higher

p2000sk
October 18, 2008, 03:59 AM
At a minimum...
It is worth the smile on your heirs faces.
Buy it, for it shall not let you down.

Starship1st
October 18, 2008, 08:48 AM
Buy it. $100.00 is a good price. :cool:

Horsemany
October 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
1/2 of if it were not sporterized.

Jeff F
October 18, 2008, 11:16 AM
The make a nice hunting rifle. $100 is a good price.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
October 18, 2008, 07:13 PM
Key word is "nice". A *nice* one is worth anywhere from $150 to $225 or a bit more if fancy engraved stock, etc.

351 WINCHESTER
October 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
If it is a nice one with a good bore $100. is a deal. I know the economy is in the toilet and probably will be for some time to come, but if can squeeze it into your budged I'd go for it.

G.A.Pster
October 18, 2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks all for the input. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Whatís a nice sporterized Lee-Enfield worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!