Private messages

PDA

ilbob
October 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Many of us have a lot of PMs stored. Some with useful information, others with not so useful information.

It might be a good idea to download and save a copy, just in case. I don't know anything at all about THR's situation, but you just never know what might happen and if there is anything you think you might want in your PMs now is probably a good time to download it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Private messages" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
v35
October 18, 2008, 01:18 PM
you just never know what might happen ... now is probably a good time to download it.
:confused:
Care to elaborate?

I see you're from IL... Know something the rest of us don't?

kwelz
October 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
I think he is worried that when Oleg gets the board back and tries to merge this one with .us we could accidently lose some of our PMs. Which is a valid concern.

elrod
October 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
It's sorta like the army..

Don't ask, don't tell...........

IBTL

v35
October 18, 2008, 01:24 PM
Didn't know about Oleg... Getting the board "back"? From whom?

Guess I've been out of the loop.

ETA: Just read the announcement.

It's always a good idea to assume anything stored on a server you don't control could disappear though.

ilbob
October 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
As I indicated in my initial post, I don't know anything about the situation.

I do know that if things go bad they tend to go bad fast.

Look what happened at PDO. Just disappeared one day without so much as a whimper or warning. And it probably had close to as many active members as THR.

If there is nothing you care about in your PMs, no reason to do anything.

Quoheleth
October 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
So, how does one download the PMs?

Q

ilbob
October 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
click on private messages, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on download private messages.

If you enjoyed reading about "Private messages" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!