full size stock for Remington youth model 7

PDA

Daveweldz
October 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
My boy is getting a bit too big for his youth rifle, I'd like him to get a couple more years out of the .243 then he can decide if he wants to move into something bigger. Before I spend the money does anyone know if a full size drop in Stock for a Remington BDL 700 SA will accept a Remington youth model 7 action/barrel/ recoil lug?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "full size stock for Remington youth model 7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
October 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
Pretty sure they will not fit. You can often find full size stocks on E-Bay and gunbroker where people have up graded to better stocks.

Daveweldz
October 18, 2008, 11:52 PM
JMR40 are there adult size stocks out there for a Remington model 7 ? All the aftermarket ones I see only list the 700 ADL or BDL in short or long action.

jmr40
October 19, 2008, 12:07 AM
Used stocks for the Model 7 will take a bit more work to find. I would suggest posting on some of the gun forums that you are looking to buy one. There are a lot of people who have changed to Mcmillian's or other aftermarket stocks who may have one sitting around they would sell.

Try www.24hourcampfire.com They have a free classified section where people often buy/sell stocks and other gun parts.

Bell and Carlson makes a replacement stock for the Model 7 that starts at around $165 and up to around $200 depending on the color. Try www.lockstock.com

If you enjoyed reading about "full size stock for Remington youth model 7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!