Pump action 22s with box magazines?

PDA

G.A.Pster
October 18, 2008, 11:52 PM
Have there been any pump action 22s made that use a box magazine instead of a tubular magazine?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pump action 22s with box magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seafarer12
October 19, 2008, 08:25 PM
Not that I know of. Tubular mags are okay. I love my Rem 572.

ds92
October 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
The only pump action rimfires i know are the remington 572 and the taurus pumps. i hear they are quite good though

Molasses
October 19, 2008, 09:59 PM
Only one off the top of my head was pre-WWII from Savage, IIRC. Too lazy to go get any of my reference books at the moment. :o

G.A.Pster
October 20, 2008, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, I remember reading about that in the back of a gun magazine (I looked through the magazines found the article again) itís the Savage 1903

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=112843283

too bad itís over a hundred years old, makes it a bit hard to find magazines for it? :rolleyes:

Hereís another question, have there been any 22s made that have a loading gate (instead of having to load from the front) like full sized pump and lever guns?

ArmedBear
October 20, 2008, 05:04 PM
Henry makes a pump .22 also, in addition to Remington and Taurus.

All are tube fed, though.

I prefer tubes, usually. Most box mag .22's are thumbbusters after a while. The one exception I've found has been the AR-15 in .22LR. Those mags have light springs. I'd just as soon skip most .22 magazines due to their heavy spring tension and generally high fumble factor.

SwampWolf
October 20, 2008, 08:00 PM
Too lazy to go get any of my reference books at the moment.

Well, I wasn't so lazy and wasted a half hour of my time researching my own reference books learning only that the aforementioned Savage apparently is/was the only .22 rimfire made using a box-type magazine. If there are/were any others, I'd also be interested (though I don't know why :confused:) learning about them.

Great trivia question, though!

G.A.Pster
October 20, 2008, 09:16 PM
irt SwampWolf, Thanks for looking that up.
It’s too bad the savage is the only one of it’s kind.

mossberg
October 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
The Henry pump .22 is also a tubular mag.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pump action 22s with box magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!