A couple of Saiga questions

PDA

Gord
October 19, 2008, 01:49 AM
Specifically for the 7.62x39:

Is there a source for OEM handguards/forends anywhere? I'm planning to paint 'em and am worried about messing 'em up; while it would suck to have to replace the (K-VAR) buttstock, at least it's doable. I don't know of anyplace selling the handguards, though.

What do I do as far as a side sling mount for the front of the rifle? I found this thread (http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=29298) on the Saiga12 forums; do I have any other options?

If you enjoyed reading about "A couple of Saiga questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MD_Willington
October 19, 2008, 03:40 AM
I can think of a few places...

Contact Rusmilitary in the UK, maybe call Krebs and ask...

or

Used from someone that has replaced theirs with something more traditional

nalioth
October 19, 2008, 03:47 AM
Tactical Ninja, I'd think you can put a WTB up over at the Saiga forums.

Plenty of folks with extras in their closets, I'm sure.

Gord
October 19, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm sure I can, but I'd feel better about a regular source; I think I'll drop an email to Krebs. I've already taken a look at the Rusmilitary site, and if anyone would have 'em they would, but their prices are atrocious and I'm sure shipping to the US would make them even more so.

No one's mounted a side sling to their Saiga?

railroader
October 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
Check your PM I found a deal for you. Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "A couple of Saiga questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!