Converting T/C Thunderhawk from .54 to .50?

PDA

BoilerUP
October 19, 2008, 11:10 AM
My family has 2 stainless T/C Thunderhawk rifles in .54 cal. Due to previous neglect, the barrels in at least one of these rifles is moderately pitted, and I believe this to be seriously affecting the consistency of its accuracy. On top of this, the .54 is dying a quick death when it comes to local availibility of bullets, cleaning supplies, etc to the wildly popular .50.

Anybody know if someone offers new .50cal barrels for the Thunderhawk?

If you enjoyed reading about "Converting T/C Thunderhawk from .54 to .50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arcticap
October 20, 2008, 01:31 AM
On page 9, the TC Thunderhawk manual states:

Under no circumstances should the trigger mechanism be disassembled. Nor should the barrel be removed from the receiver. Further disassembly will void the warranty. If service is required, contact the factory at (603) 332-2333.

http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals/noncurrent/Thunder_Hawk_Manual.pdf

It's apparent that the only folks that could possibly help with removing the barrel from the receiver is the TC Arms Service Dept.
And who knows if they would even bother offering that service?
Have you asked TC if there are any replacement barrel options for the Thunderhawk?
If no one else but factory personnel is qualified to safely remove the barrel without voiding the TC lifetime warranty, then why would TC ever send those barrels out to anyone else to switch out? That would be perceived as consenting to allow unauthorized people to switch barrels for them IMO, and I don't think that they would want to be held legally liable for that. That's why TC made the System 1 rifle with multiple conversion barrels that can be easily switched. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Converting T/C Thunderhawk from .54 to .50?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!