M1A

PDA

Timradcliffe345
October 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
Online vendors that have good deals on M1As? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wayne in boca
October 19, 2008, 05:22 PM
Knesek Guns.Bud's Gun Shop.Hope this helps

TexasRifleman
October 19, 2008, 06:27 PM
If you are going to buy an M14 clone go ahead and get a good one.

Fulton and LRB are tops, LRB getting better marks lately it seems.

Also Smith Enterprises.

If you can find a nice Chinese receiver your best bet would be Warbirds Custom Guns.

Personally I'd skip the Springfields, though I'll be named a blasphemer for suggesting such a thing.

glockman19
October 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
The best prices I've found have been at www.budsgunshop.com

Timradcliffe345
October 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
Personally I'd skip the Springfields

Why is that? FYI Im leaning towards the SA scout squad. Haven't heard anything but positive in regards to these.

paratroop23
October 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
I bought mine a Bud's a couple months ago! The price was great compared to all the local prices, but the rifle was two years old. It was made Oct 2006. I was a little concerned because there was still residue from the test round on the bolt face. It sat there for two years. I didn't like that, because that same residue was sitting inside the bbl.

Mannlicher
October 19, 2008, 07:32 PM
nothing at all wrong with a Springfield. I have three, an early Devine TX, a M1A loaded, and a SOCOM.
Thousands of rounds down range, with nary a malfunction or problem.

TexasRifleman
October 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
Why is that? FYI Im leaning towards the SA scout squad. Haven't heard anything but positive in regards to these.

If you are going to spend big money on a rifle why not have one built just like you want by the best folks out there. Springfields are "off the shelf". There's nothing wrong with them really but they are not the top of the line in M14 clones.

H2O MAN
October 19, 2008, 09:16 PM
Quote:

TexasRifleman

If you are going to spend big money on a rifle why not have one built just like you want by the best folks out there.

Good advice.

My first and last M1A was a problematic Scout Squad.
The Springer was finally replaced by a custom built MK14 SEI Mod 0,
then a MK14 SEI Mod 1 and then two full length custom SEI builds :)

SEI, WarBird and others turn out outstanding civilian examples of the M14 rifle.
SEI modernizes and updates USGI M14s for our military and that's one of the reasons I chose SEI.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!