Do I need anything but pmags?

PDA

cbrgator
October 19, 2008, 10:01 PM
I'm planning on beginning to stock up on magazines for my AR. Right now I have 6 pmags and the 1 USGI mag it came with. Is it beneficial to have different kinds of magazines or should I continue to collect pmags? I know there is a benefit if I load them with different ammunition so as to differentiate... but besides that?

If you enjoyed reading about "Do I need anything but pmags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RockyMtnTactical
October 19, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have primarily PMAG's and USGI mags. I like having a good mix, but PMAG's are quickly becoming my favorites.

rbernie
October 19, 2008, 10:49 PM
If you're buying in bulk, you can get USGI mags for about $5 less each than a PMAG. Some folk I know are laying in a stock of PMAGS for immediate use and a stock of USGI mags for long-term storage.

briansmithwins
October 19, 2008, 11:03 PM
I'd be ok with a stock of Pmags. They may wear out eventually, but USGI mags have a shorter life when used.

I personally have a reasonable stash of Cproducts stainless steel mags (these came out before the Pmags were available) and Pmags. I use the Pmags for matches as they are just damn tough mags. If I had to buy mags now I'd just stock up on Pmags. BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "Do I need anything but pmags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!