SG Light Systems Besides Surefire

PDA

CWL
January 14, 2003, 11:55 PM
Y'all,
Any experiences with SG white lights systems besides Surefire?

I've got a Beretta 1201fp I'm considering lighting and want to shop for alternatives. (As I understand, the Surefire system is a bit heavy for Beretta/Benelli and it may dampen the inertail recoil/gas system & cause FTEs).

Any experiencs with TACM III or TacStar?

If you enjoyed reading about "SG Light Systems Besides Surefire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sam3
January 15, 2003, 01:03 AM
i have had some problems with the pressure switch on tacm 3's going bad , if you use locktite on the screws on the mounts they stay on o.k. . they are a pain in the butt to have to take on and off , for stuff like fieldstriping the gun for cleaning.

Guyon
January 15, 2003, 01:18 AM
I like my Insight Technologies (ITI) M3, but I don't know if Insight offers a mount for the Beretta.

Because Insight makes and then farms out these tactical lights for Streamlight, there are two mounts made for the Remington 870--one made by ITI and one made by Streamlight. The ITI mount clamps around the mag extension; the Streamlight mount has a ring that goes under the mag extension. The ITI mount is far superior in my opinion, and if they make a mount for the Beretta, I'd go with theirs.

Here's a pic of the light on my 870. It has temporary "on" and permanent "on". If you have a newer Glock, the light will work on the handgun as well:

Guyon
January 17, 2003, 11:12 AM
Here's a better pic.

If you enjoyed reading about "SG Light Systems Besides Surefire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!