Seeking outdoor range, =< 2hrs from NYC

PDA

yhtomit
October 22, 2008, 02:13 AM
Hi!

A friend of mine is a reviewer of high-tech gadgets, and just sent me a message:

"I need an outdoor pistol range near New York CIty (within 2 hours) that rents pistols and sells ammo. Nothing fancy, any hand-cannon will do. I'm filming in high-speed."

So, what would you advise? Any place that's got an outdoor range and is open this late in the year?

timothy

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking outdoor range, =< 2hrs from NYC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BullfrogKen
October 22, 2008, 02:52 AM
Try Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs.

Lurp
October 22, 2008, 04:01 AM
I think you'll be out of luck looking in NY state considering you need to have a pistol permit to even touch a handgun. As BullfrogKen said your best bet may be looking out of state in PA which is much more lax regarding handguns.

Fetus
October 22, 2008, 05:54 AM
Forget about anything remotely gun-related in NY or NJ (where you need a permit for a bb gun)

Like others have said go to pennsylvania ( where i live ) - we have pretty good gun laws and alot of ranges

ByAnyMeans
October 22, 2008, 07:35 AM
You can try Britt firearms in Mineola NY. It's a 45 minute train ride from Penn Station and the shop is located in front of the station so there is no need to commute from there. They offer to train people and help get their license so they have handguns for use by the public and unlicensed people as well.

ViperJon
October 22, 2008, 08:11 AM
They offer to train people and help get their license so they have handguns for use by the public and unlicensed people as well.

Umm no.
Unlicensed people are not shooting a pistol legally anywhere on Long Island.
They don't have "handguns for use by unlicensed people."

ByAnyMeans
October 22, 2008, 08:16 AM
Umm, yea. I was trained on the uses of pistols after joining their club but prior to receiving a pistol permit.

RPCVYemen
October 22, 2008, 09:58 AM
You can rent a 22 in Manhattan if that would help. The also know about all of the ranges around NYC, and are very helpful talkative people.

http://www.westsidepistolrange.com/

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking outdoor range, =< 2hrs from NYC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!