Swift brand optics?

PDA

BullsEye10x
October 22, 2008, 06:46 PM
In the last two weeks, I've picked up 2 new rifles. So now I'm looking for good deals on optics. I currently own Burris (my favorite), Simmons, and BSA, and would like to get something equal or better in quality than what I have now.

Lately I've been looking at Nikon, Leupold, Vortex and a few more brands, including Swift. Does anyone have any experience with them, and if so how good are they? I've heard a lot of positive things and the prices aren't too bad, but can't find any local dealers that stock them. I would like to at least see one up close before ordering. Looking for things like clarity, repeatable and precise adjustments, etc...Any and all feedback is appreciated :)

ETA - The rifles are a Tikka T3 Hunter in 30-06 and Stevens (Savage) 200 .223 just to give you an idea of their capabilities...

If you enjoyed reading about "Swift brand optics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rklessdriver
October 22, 2008, 07:48 PM
Swift was a lower line optics mfgr in line with Simmons and Bushnell IMO, certianly better than BSA. I don't know if they are still in or back in business.

I use to have a Swift 6X on my Marlin 336. Worked really well for me. Clear optics, didn't fog up and held zero.

Went with the rifle when I sold it. :banghead:
Will

Larry E
October 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
Nikons and Leupolds are both higher quality than Swift IMO. I've got a Weaver Grand Slam that's a good scope, some Leupolds and Nikons and they're all good. The better Bushnell's 3200's, 4200's etc are good scopes too. With the lower priced optics you're taking more of a chance in getting a good one or a so-so or even lousy item, just like most things in my experience.

one eye joe
October 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
Swift makes a nice scope. Optics are nice and sharp. I have owned/own 6 or 7 over the years. They are not in the category of upper end scopes, but for the money, I believe they are a decent value. There is a glut of newer manufacturers lately, and it is hard to choose a quality product, especialy without seeing it in person. Until recently, Swift offered a lifetime over the counter replacement, which is now a 25 year warrenty. If I were scoping a rifle with non magnum recoil, and was on a budget, I would definitely consider Swift. I feel they are better than Simmons, lower end (non Elite model) Bushnell, and lower end Leupold.

If you enjoyed reading about "Swift brand optics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!