Anybody know anything about Tactical Innovations AR 15 T15BDX?

PDA

EHL
October 23, 2008, 02:30 AM
I'm looking at getting into buying a reciever for an AR 15 before the election happens. If the "Messiah" is indeed elected, I wanna have my pre-ban reciever already in my possesion so that I don't have to pay the huge price increase after the assault weapons ban is brought back. With that in mind, I've started looking. I'll be honest, I don't know much about them, other than they are like the "1911's" of rifles.(totally customizable)

Don't care about it being a competition gun. I want this thing for combat, in other words,to be totally reliable and be able to take a beating. I also want it to be of superior workmanship, not cheapie. I'm going to slowly work on making this thing, so right now I'm chiefly concerned with the reciever and high cap mags. (again Pre-ban plans)

My LEO brother pointed me to this particular reciever as having all the "best" qualities in an AR 15. This reciever is the Tactical Innovations T15BDX. Does anybody here have any suggestions as to how well this reciever is compared to say, a Bushmaster or one of the other more common brands??
Thanks guys!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know anything about Tactical Innovations AR 15 T15BDX?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ProCarryNAustin
October 23, 2008, 06:41 AM
I have not heard of this brand.

I would recommend a long reading stint over at ar15.com. There is a ton of information on all things ar15 as well as an excellent sales forum with folks you can trust and excellent pricing. With a very few exceptions, a lower receiver choice boils down to what kind of logo you want on the side. Most of the ones I have seen lately were well finished out.

Also, if you don't want to build your own lower, you can also get complete lowers for not much more than you would spend on parts. I like Lone Star Wholesale http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/.

Daniel
Austin, Texas

gvnwst
October 23, 2008, 09:00 AM
the only reason that this reciever would be better than another is that it is billit milled. basically, it has some advanced features than a standard forging, IIRC.

As for a compairson with another, more well known manufacture, most recievers are actually made by one of about 6 different manufactures, just badged differently. And any lower you get is going to outlast all other parts of your gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know anything about Tactical Innovations AR 15 T15BDX?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!