I'm logged in...but then I'm not

PDA

Upriver
October 23, 2008, 09:16 PM
Normally when I leave and come back, the system recognizes me without a problem - today, however, I'll show as logged in on the main page, but as soon as I go to a sub-forum, I'm not logged in anymore. Then I have to log in again (in the sub-forum), and it seems to last until I leave. If I go back a level without logging in, the main page still shows me as logged.

Weird...

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm logged in...but then I'm not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
October 23, 2008, 09:27 PM
That's a new one on me! I would suspect either a cookie problem or a URL problem. You might try deleting all THR cookies and trying again.

If it's a URL problem, you will see a different version of THR than you logged into. In other words, lets say you logged into www.thehighroad.org, then a link took you to thehighroad.org (no 'www'). That would cause the type of problem you observed. When on the main page note the first part of the URL up in your address bar. Then when you get to a page where you need to login again, see what the URL is.

I think the cookie problem is the most likely cause, because if it was a URL discrepancy, the problem would only occur once. After the first one, you would have created a cookie for the other URL type on your system.

Upriver
October 24, 2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks Mal,

I think goofed with my firewall settings a few days ago - maybe that's what did it. I'll try again.

Regards,

U

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm logged in...but then I'm not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!