Molon labe

PDA

clange
January 15, 2003, 01:20 AM
Pretty new here and i like this motto. My question is what is the correct greek lettering? I've seen like 3 different ways..

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon labe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HABU
January 15, 2003, 02:12 AM
You need a greek key board for the correct lettering. :neener:

clange
January 15, 2003, 05:32 AM
Ok well it took some work cause the greek font didnt have any letters with accents. Dunno if its right but i hope it is. I also ripped off the pic from a-human-right.com, hope they dont care.

http://www.imgmag.com/images/clange/MolonxLabexsig5.jpg

BTW its my sig on another board.

Bruz
January 15, 2003, 07:06 AM
hope they dont care.

Don't worry, nobody accesses this site. :uhoh:

KMKeller
January 15, 2003, 08:25 AM
Ok well it took some work cause the greek font didnt have any letters with accents. Dunno if its right but i hope it is. I also ripped off the pic from a-human-right.com, hope they dont care.

Don't know if that's tongue in cheek or not, but Oleg Volk owns this board as well as a-human-right.com.

jpwright
January 15, 2003, 10:53 AM
I find it interesting to consider one of the battle standards used by the Texans during their fight for independence against Santa Anna.

The Texans had been given a cannon to protect themselves from Indians. During the early part of the Texas revolution, a Mexican officer demanded that the Texans give the cannon back. They replied "Come and take it". Later, that cannon and comment became a symbol, and this flag was created:

http://www.cox-internet.com/jpwright/pictures/cometake.jpg

I keep wondering if those Texans had a good education in Greek and/or Persian history, or it was just a coincidence that fighting men separated by almost 2500 years thought that much alike.

geegee
January 15, 2003, 11:26 AM
jpwright: I have a box of "Thank You" notecards that have the "Gonzales Flag" you referenced on the front of the card, and it's history on the back. I often send them to my customers and/or prospects. It's lead to some very interesting discussions.

Oooh...Idea!! :what: How cool would that be...some notecards with Molon Lave on the front, with the story behind it on the back? Who's got the printing press? :D geegee

clange
January 15, 2003, 02:50 PM
Ah i didnt know he ran both sites..hmm

Anyway, the original had 'come and get them!' on the bottom, not too big of a change really.

Betty
January 15, 2003, 02:57 PM
You probably should ask him anyway. It's good practice to ask for permission, especially when artistic copyrights are involved. He's easy to deal with, so shoot an email to him.

Any pics using me have a very limited model release, so if anyone manipulates one of those without both our permissions, somebody's gonna be in big trouble.

Oleg Volk
January 15, 2003, 03:04 PM
The new graphic looks fine to me. In general, use of un-modified images is pretty much always OK, please ask me first about editing images or replacing captions.

clange
January 15, 2003, 04:59 PM
Sorry bout that.

ctdonath
January 15, 2003, 05:06 PM
BTW: Not only does Oleg Volk own this board and www.a-human-right.com and all those nifty posters, runt_of_the_litter is his other half and favorite model.

clange
January 15, 2003, 05:14 PM
Got ya lol

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon labe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!