hey!ar die hards,help please.

PDA

sinistr
October 24, 2008, 05:25 PM
moving to cali only keeping one ebr( staying in fl),its a colt gov'carbine.anyway,the way i have it set up is samco rail vg and m6 light,redimag,trinjicon reflex with scout mount.my questions are 1)is there a more secure way to mount the sight to cowitness with the irons? 2)i would prefer a more rugged slim profile forend (i only want to attach the vg and side mount the light and possibly the reflex if needed)should i just use a factory forend and add the rails?how strong is this?simplicity and durabiity are what i'm aiming for.oh,and i would also like to add an extra mag to the stock,its a rock river.i would also switch stocks if there is a more effective one for this purpose.

If you enjoyed reading about "hey!ar die hards,help please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nugilum
October 24, 2008, 05:46 PM
Whatareyouasking?

Eyesac
October 24, 2008, 05:46 PM
Mount the trijicon on the receiver, buy a tube style forend (YHM makes one drilled for rails), get a gas block w/ a rail (and a coresponding front sight) or a front flip gas block/front sight.

Whats with CA?

sinistr
October 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
the samco forend is plastic,it not bad i just dont trust it as much as i would metal.there are about million mounts out there so i wanted some advice from people who were more knowledgeable about ar's than me.the reflex is mounted to the carry handle with a factory scout mount.again it works well but i would prefer something stronger that allows me to use the iron sights in case of washout(cowitness).i would also like to install a mag pouch/carrier on the stock(rock river)if there is a stock that would work better for this purpose please let me know.sorry if there was any confusion in my earlier post.

If you enjoyed reading about "hey!ar die hards,help please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!