Glock vs. CZ

PDA

GunLvrNLearner
October 25, 2008, 02:50 AM
Not which is better because that are so many variables and personal preferences

But of these 2 very reputable brands which do YOU prefer? and why?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock vs. CZ" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tbtrout
October 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
The CZ is more comfortable in my hands.

Marcus L.
October 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
Glock. At least in 9mm, it has a much better durability and reliability track record. Most 9mm Glocks will go 100k rounds without a problem. The CZ will be more accurate, but in the long run I believe the 9mm Glock will be a much better companion. I went through a CZ phase a while back and have owned 5 total. My most consistant problem with them other than cosmetics and finish was broken trigger bars and broken trigger return springs. CZs don't like +P ammo.

The older CZs were better. MadDog(from MadDog knives) took a newer CZ frame and cut it in half. The cast steel frame was of very poor quality with lots of bubbles in the metal. CZ quality was much better just after the iron curtain collapsed. I think now they are doing their best to keep profits high and retail price low. When the FBI was doing pistol trials in the early 1990s they ran three CZ 75s through testing along with Glocks, Sigs, and a few other makes. The CZs had an average lifespan of about 30K rounds before something major broke on them while the Sigs and Glocks kept going for well over 60k rounds. Keep in mind these were the older CZ 75s which were better made.

Durability translates into dependability with your pistol. It is a sign of quality materials and a sound design.

SCKimberFan
October 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
I had a Glock.

I have a CZ.

ernest.t.bass
October 25, 2008, 09:50 AM
I like the CZ better because it's not a Glock.

GZOh
October 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
First, the obvious... Glock is a 'poly-gun' where the CZ is all metal and has that 'heavy-gun' feel.
Both guns are QUALITY and have a great reputation for being durable and 'trouble-free'... and both are very accurate shoots.
After that, for me, it becomes LOOKS and FEEL... The CZs have the BEST ergo's and feel out there... PERIOD!!! Hate the feel of the Glock (handle position) and their trigger...
LOOKS are very personal, but to me the Glock is simply an UGLY GUN!
Own a bunch of CZs, and for me it's the best gun/value out there.
Put a Glock-17 against a CZ SP-01... hold 'em, shoot 'em... and you'll have all your questions answered VERY QUICKLY!!

Craig M. Arnold
October 25, 2008, 10:43 AM
I like the CZ better because it's not a Glock.

+1 to this. I've tried to like Glocks and they do not fit me at all. They are a fine weapon for some, but CZs are for me.

Best regards.

armoredman
October 25, 2008, 10:53 AM
Glock does not fit me. I can shoot them just fine, but they don't fit me. I also break from the herd - I can't stand thier trigger system.
I also have had three Glocks fail in my hand, and not one CZ break down on me yet.

floydster
October 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
CZ = pretty
Glock = ugly

jdc1244
October 25, 2008, 12:18 PM
I canít comment on Glocks because Iíve never owned one; but my 75B .40S&W is an tremendous joy to use: itís accurate and easy to aim, the bullets go right where I want them to. Itís been 100 percent reliable. Itís much better looking than any plastic gun; I see no point in getting a Glock.

tinygnat219
October 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
I have both, but the CZs come out to the range more often.

Baneblade
October 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
I chose a Glock because it is what I carry at work, have been trained to work on, and can buy parts for dirt cheap. They have never let me down and I absolutely trust my life to them.

That said, I do like the CZ for two reasons. Ergo's on the CZ are definately better for my average sized hands. Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.

Treo
October 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
I've never had a reliabilty issue W/ a CZ. And I preffer the CZ DA for carry.

Guess I'm just not professional enough to own a GLOCK ( got all my toes though) :D

skers69
October 25, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have one of both. A CZ PCR and a G26. I love them both...but the CZ was the first in the family...the Glock came around after I got over my fear of plastics.

1 old 0311
October 25, 2008, 03:58 PM
I owned a Glock 19 since 1989, yea I was one of the first. Reliable, and accurate.
Three years ago I picked up a CZ P-01. As reliable, more accurate, pointed with a more natural feel, and just had 'bling' that the Glock didn't have.
I sold the Glock, and am on my third P-01. Glock makes a very good pistol. CZ just makes a BETTER one.

briang2ad
October 25, 2008, 04:52 PM
Which is the right gun to compare it to, is really a nicer piece, albeit heavier. You MAY feel more 'pride of ownership' also. Poly guns are great, and the G19 is superb, but they are a little 'cold'.

Now, IF CZ yanked its head out of its FPOC, and put a MANUAL safety on the P01, and cleaned up the trigger as good as Witness, it would be hard to beat under $800. It would be almost perfect!

Riss
October 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
For a pure combat gun I like the Glock, but it needs to be tuned a little as the stock trigger is really bad. I have many thousands of rounds through the Glock over the past 16 years so I know it well and like it. BUT, as for accuracy and fun shooting I absolutely would not part with my new CZ 75 B SA (SA only). It is a true tack driver and I have not yet replaced the standard trigger for the competition trigger which will make the SA pull even better.

JDGray
October 25, 2008, 06:04 PM
Both gun platforms have been 100% reliable for me, but the CZs are more accurate. For carry, go Glock, for utter simplicity. Range work is more fun with an accurate gun, so the CZ gets the nod here. Hard choice, but I voted CZ. I dont care for the CZs terrible DA reach, but love the SA butter smooth pull. For a SD gun, the Glock, without a safety and same trigger pull every time, is feather light and hard to beat.:)

mgregg85
October 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
I'd take a CZ-75 over a glock, unless it was a glock 20 or glock 29.

wanderinwalker
October 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
Had to vote Glock because it is what I own. It was not my first semi-auto pistol, but it is the one that has stayed the longest and seen the most use. Pretty? Not really. But it's reliable, accurate and has proven very durable. As a bonus, Glock CS has been great IME; they were quick and friendly when I had to return my 17 with a broken frame rail. Once they had the new frame it was turned around in less than a week.

Tecolote
October 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
I like both and for me each serves different purposes. Glocks are my EDC and CZs are for the range. Get both while you can because with what's coming down the pike we'll all rue the day when we were free.

Craig M. Arnold
October 26, 2008, 04:33 PM
Get both while you can because with what's coming down the pike we'll all rue the day when we were free.

+1 brother

Radjxf
October 26, 2008, 04:46 PM
Tough choice. I own 3 Glocks. They are utterly reliable, simple to take down and clean, and reasonably accurate.
Glock Pros: Reliable, simple to maintain, cheap, decent trigger with short reset.
Glock cons: Blocky ergos, rakish grip angle, ugly!

CZ Pros: Very ergonomic, reliable, barely more accurate in my hands.
CZ Cons: Horrid trigger, lack of aftermarket support, very hard to find in my area.

Just my 0.02.

Aka Zero
October 26, 2008, 05:14 PM
I like how there are no parameters here. just "which do you prefer"

If I was going to open carry a pretty gun, go to a range, clean my gun after every use. I would buy a cz (which I did.)

If I was going to have a gun that would get beaten around, not cleaned often, and needed to work every time. I would buy a glock (which I haven't)

Bottome line. I own a cz, I don't own a glock. CZ fits better, looks better, shoots better. Glock never fails.

I had to special order the CZ (75b-SA) because no one had them. But I am glad I did. And so far, 700 rounds through it, not a single problem. 100% since day one.

Elvishead
October 27, 2008, 06:29 AM
I don't own a Glock, but I feel (as I own and love the CZ), you really can't compare them on the same playing field.

Glock's are awesome handgun, as are the CZs.

Now let's chew some more blubber, and sleep with our mates, the one's we got stuck with.

Deanimator
October 27, 2008, 08:37 AM
I have trigger reach issues with the CZ.

Supposedly there's a replacement trigger that might fix this, but CZs are way more expensive than they used to be, and I don't want to buy an expensive gun that out of the box I can't comfortably shoot without major disassembly and parts replacement.

I'm still interested in a .40S&W CZ75B, but it's definitely a back burner item now.

cornman
October 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
Even if you were in a life long war most of us will never use thant many rounds.

"The CZs had an average lifespan of about 30K rounds before something major broke ....
'

possum
October 27, 2008, 11:26 PM
glock, they are reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, the have been proven time and again easy to get parts for. also a glock you can run until the guide rod melts out the end of the slide and the gun will still function.

Old Navy
October 27, 2008, 11:58 PM
I have both, love both. I believe the Glock will shoot the most rounds before it quits. I think the CZ is more accurate. I can buy a Glock in every gun store I know of. CZ's are not in many gun shops. Parts are easy to find and cheap, for the Glock. I will sell/trade every gun I own before these two.

texgunner
October 28, 2008, 01:01 AM
I really like my CZ-75s. I have 2 of them.

Owned a Glock 17 once, didn't care for it. It's long gone.

Tex

SDDL-UP
October 28, 2008, 02:04 PM
I own and shoot both, but prefer the CZ-75.

I've never heard of the FBI test of which Marcus L. is talking about, but I think we're all aware of every make having failures in far less than 30,000 rounds.

If you can get a gun, any gun, to run 100,000 rounds without parts breakage, that's an exception, not the rule.

I've not ever heard anything to lead me to believe that CZ's are now "lower quality" than they used to be. I don't believe they would start using an inferior casting process to save a few cents on a frame, makes no logical sense. If anything they have probably made efforts to improve quality.

Rock
October 28, 2008, 07:03 PM
Glock does not fit me. I can shoot them just fine, but they don't fit me. I also break from the herd - I can't stand thier trigger system.

I don't think they fit a lot people with average size hands. They just have to have them though and deal with the oversized grip on them caused by the growth (hump) on them. Thus the creation of the grip reduction industry. The triggers are another story.

Dr_2_B
October 28, 2008, 11:02 PM
I prefer glocks in general but specifically for this thread, all my glocks carry easier than my CZs in IWB. So I vote glock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock vs. CZ" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!