Range report CZ-452

PDA

lonegunman
October 25, 2008, 11:22 PM
I recently purchased a CZ-452 American. This is a spiffy little .22 rimfire, bolt action. Besides being a left handed gun, it has plenty of features and high quality throughout. Once I saw the stock, it had a lot of tiger stripe in the walnut, I had to have it. I put a cheap Bushnell 3x9 power rimfire scope for 39 bucks just to keep the budget low.

Well after about 100 rounds I fired test groups at 25yds(that was all the range I had) at 1" pasters. Eley Tenex grouped .29" over and over, CCI Std. Vel. grouped .46", Federal HV grouped .55". Everything was about 1/3rd the size of the group on the test target.

The gun is well made, trigger is about 2.5 pounds with just a tiny bit of creep and it adjustable for weight. They have a version of this rifle with an adjustable set trigger for at least a 100 dollars more. Blue was perfect and everything worked flawlessly The gun is adult sized as well, a real plus in a worlds of short stocked .22's.

I'm pleased as punch and looking forward to thinning out the varmits with this set-up next spring. I really like this gun. If you are looking for a well made .22 this might be the ticket.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Range report CZ-452" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jerkface11
October 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
I think everyone who has ever shot a CZ rimfire has said that.

Aaron12
October 26, 2008, 12:39 AM
pics please :D

Barker45
October 26, 2008, 01:17 AM
Sold my 10/22 and am now the proud owner of 2 452s. CZ RULES!!!!!!

ifit
October 26, 2008, 07:03 AM
lonegunman, congrats on your purchase you will not be dissapointed with the 452. lets see some pics

heres my recently purchased 452fs
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/452010.jpg

from the factory
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/452fs003.jpg

her first time at the range w/scope, rest @50 yards. my best 5 shot group top right
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/452fs002.jpg

Double Naught Spy
October 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
I am glad to see another positive CZ452 report. Thank you.

John KSa brought his 452 (no scope) to to my place last night for me to shoot. I have been considering one as well. I was not able to test the precision aspect of it, but know from reports such as this one that they are good for being accurate guns.

I was very pleased with the whole fit, finish, workmanship of the gun. Mind you, I will want a scoped version, but a CZ452 is on my list as a purchase before the end of the year.

With that said, I learned something that just shocked me. His had the 29 or 30" barrel on it. I fired two shots while wearing electronic muffs and plugs. It was very quiet. I asked John if we were shooting subsonic ammo and he said we weren't. We were shooting some Wolf 40 gr match ammo, I think. Anyway I took the muffs off and tried a couple rounds. Then finally I removed the plugs. I have fired pellet guns that were louder. With a barrel that long, must of the sound dissipates and so much of the noise is the tiny sonic crack. Mind you, it isn't a silenced gun by any stretch, but it was far from being loud and nothing like shooting .22 from a 16" barrel.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but my 'discovery' was on a 452 and I think that when I get mine, it will be with the longer barrel.

moooose102
October 26, 2008, 09:18 AM
ifit, that is a gorgeous rifle! i especially like the stock. both the full length, and the tiger striped wood. i purchased a 452 scout for my son, the stock is just a plain short peice of wood. but for a 7 year old to knock around with, and my daughter to learn on as well it is just fine. i believe that i can drop these rifled action into a full sized stock later on. the rest of the gun is very nice. it shoots well, nice tight feel, functions flawlessly. in the future, i would but another cz rifle.

CajunBass
October 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
I've always been the oddball guy who wants something a little different from what the crowd is using, but those CZ's do seem to be good rifles, I've just never wanted one. But, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about them, which is pretty unusual for anything really, but especially for a 22rifle.

Congratulations lonegun, post some pictures...

and ifit, that is one fine looking international.

MIL-DOT
October 26, 2008, 10:08 AM
I've had a 452 for just a few weeks,put a Weaver V16 on it, and have been having a blast with it. I think I've shot my Marlin 60 (which I still love) just once since I got the CZ. I should be out shooting it by 2:00 P.M. !!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Range report CZ-452" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!