Mauser with German and Chinese markings

PDA

callo685
October 26, 2008, 01:34 AM
I just acquired an 8mm Mauser with German (swastikas)and Chinese markings on it. Its in decent condition, it has a straight bolt. Does anyone know roughly how much it would be worth?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser with German and Chinese markings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirtyjim
October 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
without pictures its hard to give a good price. the price will also depend on if it was a german made contract rifle for china, one of the chinese made copies or one of the chinese assembled rifles from rejected german parts.
if its a german made chinese contract rifle i would value it nearly the same as any other contract rifle.
the chinese also bought a large amount of rejected receivers, barrels, bolts & mics. parts from germany to assemble themselves. i would value these between $75-150 depending on condition & only use them as a wallhanger or to fill a spot in your collection.
the chinese also copied german & czech rifles, these can usually be spotted by the sunburst stamp on both sides of the receiver ring. if it has a mauser banner receiver you can look at the M & the R to determine if its real or a chinese copy. on a real banner mauser the left side of the M & the leg of the R are almost straight, while they are curved on the chinese copy.
i value the chinese copies between $75-150 depending on condition.

there is a chinese copy of a banner mauser on gunbroker, this gun is worth $100-130, a real banner mauser in the same condition would be worth $250+
gunbroker auction (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114022511)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser with German and Chinese markings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!