CCW: GLOCK 19 VS CZ PCR D Compact

PDA

Monkeybear
October 26, 2008, 01:37 AM
Which would you choose for concealed carry and why?

Now before all you guys get all "Only you can decide what gun is right for you" on me remember I am not asking about me. I'm asking about you: If both were on a table next to a box of holsters which would you stick in your pants and why?

Both seem about the same size and, in my mind, are just about tied as the all time best conceal carry gun ever. As such I am kinda curious as to how you all feel about them.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW: GLOCK 19 VS CZ PCR D Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
October 26, 2008, 01:54 AM
Personal preferance. I have used the G-19, and it doesn't fit me at all. The CZ grip fits me like a glove. I do CCW a CZ compact pistol, P01, every day, and it is a fantastic sidearm.

Kind of Blued
October 26, 2008, 02:20 AM
Both are great guns. If I found both sitting on a table and could have one, I'd probably look around, figure out who owned them, and take whichever one they liked less. :)

Just to be polite.

Treo
October 26, 2008, 02:33 AM
My EDC is a 75B. Ya go W/ what ya know. I would prefer a PCR in "B" preferably a .40

Silvanus
October 26, 2008, 06:11 AM
I would pick the Glock 19. I have way more experience with Glocks than CZs. But both are great pistols, it depends on what grip and trigger system you prefer.

Ringer
October 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
G19 because of expreince with it and none with the CZ.

The Lone Haranguer
October 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
:uhoh: I have both, and it would be a tough choice. The Glock gets a little more carry time because it has night sights and I've had it longer (nearly 10 years), but I added those and could just as easily add them to the PCR.

Monkeybear
October 26, 2008, 09:23 PM
I believe that the new PCR D comes with them stock. They also both cost the same.

Tough decision.

Meadows117
October 26, 2008, 09:41 PM
P01/pcr

CZF
October 26, 2008, 10:28 PM
Better ergos on the CZ, but Both are rock solid performers.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/vacation/czbest06m.jpg

grimjaw
October 26, 2008, 10:56 PM
I had a G19, but sold it in favor of the PCR. I personally shoot better with the PCR, and that was the deciding factor. I have to clean the PCR more frequently for reliable operation, though.

jm

Deanimator
October 27, 2008, 07:40 AM
I have trigger reach issues with CZs. Supposedly fixable with a trigger swap, but I'd want proof BEFORE I dropped that much money.

I'll stick with my Glock 19.

PCRit
October 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
Learned to shoot 9mm with a G19. Then I found the CZ-PCR, much better ergos for me, never looked back. The PCR is a great carry 9mm:D

Harley Quinn
October 27, 2008, 02:09 PM
CZ 75 PCR D Compact

Because it is safer to carry without a holster (mexican carry).

If you don't carry with one (1) in the chamber, I'd go for the Glock.

:uhoh:

Pilot
October 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
My everyday carry is the PCR, but the G19 is a great choice also, but I just never like Glock triggers.

Craig M. Arnold
October 28, 2008, 12:19 AM
I had a Glock 19 and just could never get use to the grip angle or trigger.

I've had several CZ PCRs and think that they are certainly one of the best CCWs out there.

Best regards.

Kind of Blued
October 28, 2008, 01:26 AM
If you don't carry with one (1) in the chamber, I'd go for the Glock.

Or better yet, a hammer.

My next gun is going to be either a G19 or a P-01... I really wish I could shoot both of them, but I think if I just get my paws on them I'll be able to decide... I hope. Still might go with a Glock 30 or SW1911Sc Commander instead.

Dang it!

October 28, 2008, 02:01 AM
I like the G19, and carry one off duty (G23 on duty). But I like all Glocks in general. Just my kind of gun I guess. It is also te gun I shoot most often, so therefore the gun I shoot the best. I guess if I spend enough shooting another gun I may change my mind. But doubt that will ever happen. Why fix what ain't broke.

skers69
October 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
Of those two I say PCR. In reality my g26 spends more ccw time than my PCR.

Rangegod
October 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
This is a tough one. I consider each "Best in Class" from their respective manufacturer, both fulfill the same mission and I have two of each. I have 10X more trigger time on the G19 than I do on the PCR. This is only because I have owned the Glock since 1987 and used it as my primary training demo, range loaner and carry gun for years. However, in the last 10 years I have also developed a deep respect for CZ's and especially the PCR as a shooter and as a CCW.

Unfortunately, for me it comes down to climate. I live in a hot, humid H-hole where I sweet like a Roman fountain (the doctors say my internal thermostat is set too high). The Glock withstood over 5 years of 24/7 soaking in body salts without a mark. No other gun I've tried has made it a week without suffering at least some internal or external cosmetic damage. If not for this physical problem, the PCR might well be my primary carry choice.

JAC

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW: GLOCK 19 VS CZ PCR D Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!