Confused about AR SBRs/pistols

PDA

repo
October 26, 2008, 01:10 PM
From what I understand, you are not allowed to have a SBR upper in the same house as an unregistered rifle lower.

What if you have an AR pistol, which has a short upper and you also have a AR rifle? Is that allowed, as long as you never put the pistol upper of the rifle lower?

What if you are cleaning them and have all the lowers and uppers lying on a table together? Have you broken the law?

The whole thing confuses me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Confused about AR SBRs/pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CBS220
October 26, 2008, 01:23 PM
It is confusing. With the way the ATF can be it seems like they could very easily charge someone with constructive intent simply for owning a AR pistol and AR rifle.

Sorry I can't help more, but it would seem that if it were truly illegal to own both then we would hear of convicted gun owners for that all the time.

nalioth
October 26, 2008, 01:43 PM
From what I've read, if you have a complete AR pistol and a complete AR rifle, you should be fine.

It's when you have an AR rifle with an extra sub-16" upper laying around that they raise their eyebrows.

Besides the point that by the time they are searching your home to find these articles, you probably are in some kind of other trouble.

If you enjoyed reading about "Confused about AR SBRs/pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!