sig or kahr

PDA

bill111444
October 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
I've been looking for a compact 9 for over a month and I've finally got it down to two choices, the kahr mk or the sig 239. for me it's "either - or". It will be for summer carry IWB. I respect your opinions, thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "sig or kahr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
October 27, 2008, 01:13 PM
In either case you will be getting a good handgun. I might suggest that the K or P9 is more of an equivalent in size/weight to the SIG, and is more "shootable" than the MK. I own a E9 (equivalent to the K9) myself, and it replaced the P239.

D-Man
October 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
Definitely compare them size-wise - the MK9 is shorter in both length and height (and will carry 1 or 2 less because of it depending on magazine used). But as mentioned, both are solid handguns you'd be happy with. I owned a P239 and currently own a MK9.

gtmtnbiker98
October 27, 2008, 02:33 PM
The size comparison is a lot, but given track records, I would choose the Sig over a Kahr any day.

jocko
October 27, 2008, 03:35 PM
not running track though. Both great guns. One can ride in ur front pocket with ease, the other just wishs it could.

UnTainted
October 27, 2008, 06:43 PM
If you're going to carry it IWB, get the Sig.

I own an MK9 and a P239 in 9mm, and the MK9 only wins when I want to carry it in the pants pocket or a jacket chest pocket, which I do often.

I like the MK9, but think that the Sig is better for SD (for me), though I carry both quite often.

UnTainted
October 27, 2008, 06:46 PM
duplicate post, my bad.

bill111444
October 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
I've decided to go with the kahr. I wanted compact and by what you all say,there is a big difference in size between the two. I haven't seen in person either one and you can't judge too well by pictures. P.S. The gun shop just got a used 239 in on trade so I matched it up with a 226 they had there, ( I have one, that's why I want my 2ed 9mm to be compact.) and now I see that there isn't a very big difference between the 226 and the 239 in overall size; so in a few weeks I'll have all my $$$ together and I'll be the proud owner of a kahr mk 9. thanks for the responses.

jocko
October 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
u will love it, now get you a good pocket holster for it. Great gun, super nice smooth looong trigger. You can if you love it after shootingit, go to wolffs gunsprings.com and order their 5# striker spring for it. It just drops right ina nd drops the trigger pull down to 5# stillthe same length of pull but sure makes a sweet shooter.

Enjoy your MK

Vanzpp
October 28, 2008, 09:21 PM
I've ownede both. In fact, I traded my SIG P220 for the Kahr CW9 I have strapped to my belt right now.

Do I miss the P220? Yes. Was it a great gun? Yes. Am I sorry I traded the P220? Nope.

I LOVE my CW9. 100% reliable with all ammo (except Cor Bon traditional JHP) and I love the trigger. It has the best DAO trigger I've ever used.

While the Sig was great, I could never quite get used to that DA/SA trigger. I prefer DAO.

If you enjoyed reading about "sig or kahr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!