Movies that = fingernails on a chalkboard

PDA

alaskanativeson
October 27, 2008, 11:15 PM
This is inspired by the thread about Favorite gun movies (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=399257). While there are a lot of really good movies that show great guns, guns being well used, or good messages about guns in general, there are a lot of movies out there that are just the opposite. Which movies make you want to scream because of incorrect information, poor handling, or general bad overall dealings with guns? I'll expand this to include television shows too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Movies that = fingernails on a chalkboard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alaskanativeson
October 27, 2008, 11:17 PM
Die Hard 2.
(I spent the whole movie next to an embarrassed wife because her husband was screaming and swearing at the screen the whole time - and I have a REALLY loud voice.)

MacGyver - If I'm going to be forced to watch an hour long commercial for gun control, there'd better be LOTS of naked women and gratuitous sex.

mljdeckard
October 27, 2008, 11:22 PM
Lethal Weapon 3. There is this vast underground supply of fully automatic weapons that go through a revolving door of police incompetence and wind up in the hands of 12 year-olds who load them with bullets that can pierce the bucket of a backhoe.

But they can be thwarted by a cop who bounces bullets where his laser reflects off of a round pipe. And works in an office with anti-NRA posters on the wall.

MikePGS
October 27, 2008, 11:24 PM
Basically every movie i see has something I can pick apart... so much for enjoying it :(

HIcarry
October 27, 2008, 11:26 PM
(I spent the whole movie next to an embarrassed wife because her husband was screaming and swearing at the screen the whole time - and I have a REALLY loud voice.)

When I teach the NRA handgun course I warn the students that we'll be ruining movies and TV for them because of the poor gun handling often portrayed therein. Now, my girlfriend does what you were doing...she now constantly whacks me in the arm with the "did you see that..." about various issues.

MacGyver - If I'm going to be forced to watch an hour long commercial for gun control, there'd better be LOTS of naked women and gratuitous sex.

That's about the only thing that would make that show worth watching....

IncredibleGord
October 28, 2008, 01:08 AM
The Blair Witch Project

They could have ****ed up that Witch with some 12 guages. They should have brought them for protection anyway. They could have to defend themselves from people or animals, hunt for food, and they would have gotten an ego boost carrying them. I would like to see an alternate where they toughed it out, killed the witch, and then stopped making camp because they just plowed through the woods with a soldier's determination. Sorry for the rant, just watched that movie about 20 mins ago. My girlfriend told me to shut up a bunch, because not everyone thinks ahead like i would.

armoredman
October 28, 2008, 01:20 AM
I quit watching TV for various reasons, and that's one. However, I did overheard tonight, Stupidest Criminals started off one segment, (my wife watches it), with "Sawed off shotguns and semi-automatic assault rifles, the tools of the common armed robber" Gah.
Movies - LWIII is a biggie, and any movie that features the 50 round silenced revolver.

No Fear
October 28, 2008, 01:29 AM
High School Musical trilogy :barf: http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6619/sick0020um5.gif :barf:

Big Boomer
October 28, 2008, 01:52 AM
The Blair Witch Project

They could have ****ed up that Witch with some 12 guages. They should have brought them for protection anyway. They could have to defend themselves from people or animals, hunt for food, and they would have gotten an ego boost carrying them. I would like to see an alternate where they toughed it out, killed the witch, and then stopped making camp because they just plowed through the woods with a soldier's determination. Sorry for the rant, just watched that movie about 20 mins ago. My girlfriend told me to shut up a bunch, because not everyone thinks ahead like i would.

LOL I thought the same damn thing! I'm like I wouldn't dare leave the house for the woods without a small arsenal and enough ammo to start even the smallest war. Not forgetting of course all the survival equipment as well. I sorta ruined the movie for the wife hehe

If you enjoyed reading about "Movies that = fingernails on a chalkboard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!