Need extractor for Remington 721

PDA

Daan
October 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
Please help me, I've got a model 721 Remmington rifle which is in a very good condition, my problem is that i need an extractor an can not get one in South Africa anywere, Please direct me to someone who can help me

Daan

If you enjoyed reading about "Need extractor for Remington 721" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jjohnson
October 28, 2008, 09:00 AM
Friend, try www.e-gunparts.com and www.brownells.com. If they can't help you, www.midwayusa.com and www.sarco.com. You could post a "want to buy" on www.gunbroker.com or www.gunsamerica.com.

I'd search in that order. It might take awhile, but you should be able to find what you need there. Good luck to you.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
October 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
Ask and you shall receive, from jjohnson! :)

SwampWolf
October 29, 2008, 04:22 PM
How much does the 721 extractor differ from a 700? Most things I've read about the 700 suggests that it isn't much more than a gussied-up 721.

NCsmitty
October 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
Using M700 extractors requires machine work to fit a 721/722 bolt. Original 721 extractors are very hard to find as a rule. Another option is to have a Sako extractor machined to fit. D Tubbs has his version of extractor to fit Remingtons and others.

http://www.davidtubb.com/extractors.html#features

NCsmitty

If you enjoyed reading about "Need extractor for Remington 721" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!