Five year old boy killed in hunting accident.

PDA

makarovnik
October 28, 2008, 10:09 AM
This story is eerily similar to one posted yesterday on the THR but this one happened two years ago.

http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-sh-20060815.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Five year old boy killed in hunting accident." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SaxonPig
October 28, 2008, 10:16 AM
Posted on an anti-hunting site?

I am even more suspicious now that the person posting here was an anti-gun troll.

But if the story is true that at one time a 5 year old fell on a rifle and shot himself I still don't get how it happened.

ranger335v
October 28, 2008, 01:03 PM
Sad if that kid died but every such story I've ever had sufficent data on to make a reasonable accessment of it revels it was either totally untrue OR there was no such accident as described.

The short article has no info on rifle or handgun other than a .22, nor who was with the kid. "Falling" on a hangun and killing yourself is virtually impossible, even for a nimble kid. Falling on a rife that would be as near as long as the kid is even less likely, at least not in such a way as to cause his own death. Just try to visualize how it could happen, I can't. Well, other than "magic" perhaps.

My money says an accompanying adult loosed the fatal round. Few, if any, five year olds are out alone with a firearm, that just doesn't happen! But they are out with adults, many of whom who are incompetant with firearms.

If you enjoyed reading about "Five year old boy killed in hunting accident." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!