Kahr Trigger differences?

PDA

marklbucla
October 28, 2008, 08:44 PM
Are there any differences in the triggers amongst the Kahr 9mm models? Maybe it was just a matter of break in, but I found that the K9 and MK9 have much smoother pulls than my PM9.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr Trigger differences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
October 28, 2008, 08:56 PM
I have a E9 (older, discontinued "economy" K9) and a PM9, and can tell no real, meaningful difference. With one fewer finger to grasp the butt, it is possible one may perceive the smaller gun's trigger to be heavier.

UnTainted
October 28, 2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe part of that smoothness is the material along which the trigger components move.

abuelo
October 28, 2008, 09:10 PM
I have a K40 , P9, and P40 no major difference in triggers but do seem to get better with use.

CPshooter
October 29, 2008, 02:37 AM
I've never noticed a real difference in weight or pull length between Kahr triggers. Some might feel a bit more "buttery smooth" than others. In my opinion, that's the second best feature (other than it's small size) of a Kahr pistol. The best a DAO trigger gets if you ask me.

usp9
October 29, 2008, 04:37 AM
There used to be a definite difference in triggers. Kahr offered two, a standard and an Elite. Now they offer the Elite as the standard trigger. Also available today is the NYPD trigger.

Racinbob
October 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
Out of the box my PM9 had a decent trigger pull. It wasn't great but fine for a carry pistol. I had to send it back for warranty work. After Kahr did their thing on it I'd have to say the trigger is great. Very smooth and light and it seems to have a shorter pull. It just shows what can be done.

jocko
October 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
they had the NY trigger in them which was basically the difference of the normal kahr length of pull of 3/8" to 1/2" pull. poundage was the same. I think now all are shipped with the elite trigger which is 3/8" trigger travel. Poundage is all the same.

I do think they get smoother with use to but if you want to rush it some, just go to gunsprings. com and order from wolff's the 5# striker spring for the kahrs. It drops right in an realy helps alot. Same triger pull length, just poundage difference......

Best ccw handgun Ihve ever owned..

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr Trigger differences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!