not technical but wondered about traffic

PDA

paintballdude902
October 29, 2008, 12:39 AM
has the amount of traffic on the site changed since all the crap started going toward the servers fan?

If you enjoyed reading about "not technical but wondered about traffic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArfinGreebly
October 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
There's been a shift in traffic but, surprisingly, less than one might have thought.

Things are still busy here, but there's a bit of a tension that I think is related to a larger fan and a bigger pond of sewage.

The election seems to be on everyone's mind, and I think that has actually had an impact.

However, your favorite grumpy moderators are here to scold and holler, so party on, dude.

The Wiry Irishman
October 29, 2008, 02:33 PM
However, your favorite grumpy moderators are here to scold and holler, so party on, dude.

Yeah, and many thanks to them - they've managed to keep the site going just like it always did despite all that's going on. I for one really appreciate it. I was worried the dispute would change the tone of the site.

Gord
October 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
Arf, I don't want to get into anything that's "above my pay grade," so to speak, but it seems to me that the posting has been pretty slow, for the past week or two. What kind of dropoff are we talking about?

Schofield3
October 29, 2008, 04:46 PM
they've managed to keep the site going just like it always did despite all that's going on. I for one really appreciate it

+1 :)

hso
October 29, 2008, 09:15 PM
Right this minute -

Currently Active Users: 1637 (326 members and 1311 guests)

Here's the chart from boardreader (http://boardreader.com/sp/THR_17631.html) from this May until a couple of days ago.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?o=l&c=1&f=222222&u=www.thehighroad.org&u=&u=&u=&u=&r=6m&y=r&z=1&h=200&w=300

If you enjoyed reading about "not technical but wondered about traffic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!