Anyone seen the movie Munich? <~Gun related

PDA

Dgreno
October 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
I am writing a paper on the movie and how realistic/accurate it was. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the under folder AK's the terrorists were using in the beginning. I was thinking that they were Yugoslavian but I may be wrong. If I am right, would Palestinian terrorists be using Yugos in 1972? I hope not because that would be a perfect inaccuracy to point out my paper. I would love to use something about guns in it...

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone seen the movie Munich? <~Gun related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
crushbup
October 29, 2008, 11:23 PM
I haven't seen it, but look to see that they were using AK-47s not 74s. The 74s tend to have orangey bakelite magazines.

Other than that, most AKs look alike, so it would be pretty hard to tell unless there were up-close shots of the markings.

Edit: After a quick look at IMFDB, it appears that they used nondescript AK-47s.
Evidently some parts of the film were "spiced up" to make for better entertainment, so you may want to look those up and use those, rather than the guns.

Landric
October 29, 2008, 11:33 PM
You might also watch the documentary "One Day in September", which is about the situation in Munich and has a lot of footage from the actual event.

Not really sure about the specific question in regard to the AKs, but I thought Munich was a good film.

johncantiusgarand
October 29, 2008, 11:39 PM
I think I remember noticing a Beretta 92 in that film and noting to myself that the Beretta 92 hadn't been produced then. Perhaps it was a Beretta 951 which looks similar, but I'm pretty sure it was a model 92. Anyone else see that?

maddog1775
October 30, 2008, 12:34 AM
If that particular type of AK had been developed by then, it could have ended up in their hands. Weapons have a way of crossing borders.

MikePGS
October 30, 2008, 01:34 AM
when i saw the movie, i was impressed that they did the actual cocking the gun right before firing it thing

Dgreno
October 30, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thank you for all your help guys. I do appreciate it!
I'm going back to the .us now.
Hope to see you all there!

lloydkristmas
October 30, 2008, 02:33 AM
Theres a Beretta 92 on the cover of the DVD which had, incidentally, not been produced at the time the movie was set.

Dr. Fresh
October 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
^^ I forget, but the 92 doesn't appear in the actual film, correct?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone seen the movie Munich? <~Gun related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!