Socom & usp

PDA

X9ballX
November 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
i been thinking about buying them but i only 1 of them due to the economy being so bad and me having to pay bills. anyways wich should i get first trhey both sound like great guns but dont know wich one to get. any tips?

If you enjoyed reading about "Socom & usp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xx7grant7x
November 1, 2008, 06:32 PM
A USP would save you enough money to buy some more guns!!!!! From what i hear the socom is big and ....uh..Big I'd look at a USP personally the SOCOM seems like a niche/target gun, not much in the way of carrability IMHO

possum
November 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
i say go for the usp.

david_the_greek
November 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
woah come on guys, big is kind of inaccurate.... HUGE is more like it. Maybe SOCOM was made so large that you could use it as not only an offensive pistol, but a dingy anchor and a mallet. If you're a big guy, I'm sure it's a really nice shooter.

Jason_G
November 1, 2008, 10:18 PM
Love my USP.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/itsthewhitmans/jason/pic1.jpg
Would like to have a HK45 to keep it company though. Have you thought about one of those?

Jason

X9ballX
November 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
i hear alot of good things about the socom though and i hear the usp is just a knockoff but still ok.i hear ists acurate and has alot of stoping power.yes i know its big and heavy.

Jason_G
November 2, 2008, 06:18 PM
i hear alot of good things about the socom though and i hear the usp is just a knockoff but still ok.i hear ists acurate and has alot of stoping power.yes i know its big and heavy.

A knock-off? I seriously don't mean any offense, but I think you might want to find a more reputable source of info. The USP does have a lot in common with the MK23, but they were designed for different roles. The things that are common between them are so because they are things that have been proven to work, like the recoil buffering system. One is not a knock-off of the other.

They are very accurate pistols (both the USP and the MK23), but the trigger of the USP takes a little range time to master.

As per stopping power, that has practically nothing to do with the pistol, but pretty much everything to do with the caliber and type of ammunition you select.

Jason

If you enjoyed reading about "Socom & usp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!