ID as THR?

PDA

DFW1911
November 1, 2008, 11:55 PM
Would you show that you're a THR Member (or lurker) by wearing a patch, clothing, or other identifiable insignia?

Maybe a sticker on the car or bike....or a graphic on a shirt?

How many do you think you'd see?

Take care,
DFW1911

If you enjoyed reading about "ID as THR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
November 2, 2008, 12:00 AM
There have been stickers, hats and shirts sold from here before.

Nugilum
November 2, 2008, 12:01 AM
I would, in a heartbeat! :)

I have a sneaking suspicion I'd see one or two other stickers around here (Augusta, GA) :scrutiny:

rbernie
November 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
I've worn one of Corriea's 'Molon Labe' hats for years now, both for general work and specifically for range use.. I've had one person notice it and comment.

JBURGII
November 2, 2008, 01:23 AM
I was recently in Applebee's and saw a fella wearing a OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation) sweatshirt. Didn't get a chance to chat though.

Kind of Blued
November 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
I'd wear one, assuming it was tasteful. I saw some photos of the THR apparel and thought they were nice, but I joined after they were sold.

Double points if it can be considered a "cover garment". :)

RonE
November 2, 2008, 01:58 AM
Not only no but "Hell No"!

Molon Labe is one thing but having to explain THR is another.

The only shirts I wear that advertise anything are free shirts that are given to me.

JKimball
November 2, 2008, 03:21 AM
To be honest, I probably wouldn't.

But it would be interesting to know how many of the people you run into at a competition, the range, or the gun store were registered on THR. I don't expect it would be very many, maybe 2 or 3 percent?

Bo
November 2, 2008, 08:23 AM
No, I don't advertise to anyone that I own firearms. No patches, no stickers on my vehicles and no hats that are firearm related.

The Bushmaster
November 2, 2008, 10:53 AM
I would probably use a decal like the NRA decal on my pickup. I do not adveritize that I own guns other then the NRA decal which is next to my "Support Your Local Sheriff" decal. Especially that I might be carrying concealed.

The only time I have on any apparel that might indicate that I own firearms is when I'm hunting. I wear a Browning bright hunter orange ball cap.

bdickens
November 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
No.

OPSEC.

MD_Willington
November 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hmm, special flair for "members"....

Didin't turn out too well in Germany in the 30's...

pappy
November 2, 2008, 12:43 PM
I would. I've never understood the whole concept of hiding that you are part of the gun community. It is my opinion, the more folks see gun related stuff, the less folks will fear it. Just my opinion, and everyine is entitled to one......

mljdeckard
November 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
I would put a sticker on my guitar case.

There's advertising and then there's advertising. Slogans like "The High Road" and "Molon Labe" are much less likely to be known by outsiders.

MMCSRET
November 2, 2008, 12:54 PM
No, the only logo I wear is on my work uniform. I do not wear T shirts with any color but white and it will not have any figure or lettering but the manufacturers label and no pockets on tee shirts. I do wear ball caps with logos if I am a user of the product and I approve of the company that owns the logo. No politics and no stickers on bumpers or anywhere else. Just my own personal ideosyncrasy, and anyone is welcome to it!!!!!!!!!!!

nalioth
November 2, 2008, 01:16 PM
Molon Labe is one thing but having to explain THR is another. No need for explanations beyond "I choose to take the high road."

Anyone who's a member here or recognizes the emblem as a link to here will surely not need it explained.

DFW1911
November 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
But it would be interesting to know how many of the people you run into at a competition, the range, or the gun store were registered on THR. I don't expect it would be very many, maybe 2 or 3 percent?

That's what I was wondering.

I bet the number would be low since there are so many variables: how many have THR-logo stuff, how many are wearing it / displaying it on any given day, and what's the likelihood of running into someone just out and about?

I think we don't see a lot of NRA or (firearms) manufacturers logos in the general public since they're so identifiable.

THR, on the other hand, would most likely be known by members and lurkers only.

Take care,
DFW1911

Ethereal
November 2, 2008, 02:52 PM
A logo like ar15.com's BFL? If THR had a local forum for people to post in I'm sure it'd be better as members would be interacting far more than they are now. But since a lot of people think one of the major criticisms of ARFcom is that there are too many forums I doubt THR would expand to have state by state Hometown Forums.

Treo
November 2, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm not a logo guy I have an NRA decal on my car(that initself is big doins for me) and a Jesus Fish and that's about as much advertising as I do. That, and my NRA hat that I think I've worn twice. I'm just not into putting my business out there for the world to see I generally wear a Cabella's hat but people don't associate them w/ firearms

glove
November 2, 2008, 03:31 PM
Count me in.
Dave Z

rcmodel
November 2, 2008, 03:36 PM
No NRA or gun related stickers on my truck for me.

The Crack-heads will break in a vehicle just to steal the car wash quarters out of the ash tray.

No sense at all advertising you have guns to steal too!

JWarren
November 2, 2008, 03:45 PM
I would have something like Molon Labe, or the AR15.com BFL-- something most would not recognize.

As I figure it, if you don't know what it means, I am not talking to you. :)

-- John

The Bushmaster
November 2, 2008, 04:10 PM
rcmodel...I put a NRA sticker (decal) on my wife's '78 Corvette rear window next to the passenger door. I watched two people approach the car and start to try the door and stop in their tracks when they say the decal, look around and leave...So maybe a NRA decal has a detering effect on car thieves...

mljdeckard
November 2, 2008, 04:11 PM
I have Molon Labe on the back of my VW, and my son's speech therapist asked me what it meant. I told her it was a gun thing.

Frog48
November 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe a t-shirt or cap, but definitely not a vehicle sticker. Advertising that you're a hunter or shooter makes your vehicle a target of small-time crooks, crackheads, and teenagers, whom will hope to find guns inside.

gripper
November 2, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yes....if they are/become available;pM me on the availability.Window stickers,t-shirts,Molon Labe headgear;I could use 'em all

steak-knife
November 2, 2008, 04:27 PM
I would not mind a tIny lapel pin (preferably in gold), so that the only way to read it is to be too close for comfort, but shaped uniquely enough that other members can figure it out from afar.

DFW1911
November 2, 2008, 08:03 PM
I could see something like:

THR
Molon Labe

Only those in the know would know:)

SteelyNirvana
November 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'd like to have a sticker for my car. If they are available somebody shoot me a PM.

Jdude
November 2, 2008, 09:07 PM
I would really like an embroidered tinfoil beanie cap.

Scoupe
November 3, 2008, 02:45 PM
Secret handshake anyone?

Carlos Cabeza
November 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yessir ! I don't care who likes it, or not ! Also "driver only carries 20 dollars worth of ammunition!"

RKBABob
November 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
Secret handshake anyone?
Oh no, we don't want to get into a copyright infringement with the Freemasons!:uhoh:

I'd consider it... so long as it was something those 'in the know' would recognise, but that I wouldn't have to explain over and over again to those 'not in the know.'

jhco
November 3, 2008, 03:25 PM
id go for a decal with no words just an emblem

kansas45
November 3, 2008, 11:01 PM
I would wear a hat or t shirt in some places. A hooded sweatshirt would be cool (except in the summer). I don't like to advertise much. I'm more of the strong, sneaky type! ;)

Phil DeGraves
November 4, 2008, 02:38 PM
No, I don't advertise to anyone that I own firearms. No patches, no stickers on my vehicles and no hats that are firearm related.

It wouldn't be advertising. It would merely serve as a recognition device to other members. Kind of like the fish symbol for early Christians during the persecutions.

Matt-J2
November 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
I don't pay money to advertise any time I can avoid it. No bands, no brands, none of it, even stuff I support.

If it were free, it'd be a different story.

SsevenN
November 4, 2008, 04:36 PM
Something like this?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/SsevenN_photo/thrhat.jpg

I would wear that.....

KC0QGL
November 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
I would wear that.....

I would too.

matrem
November 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'd install aTHR back window decal(I'd have to make room for the NRA & misc. stickers already there).Hell,I'll put my user name at the top!
I'm concerned as to why some of you are "ashamed"?

Rimmer
November 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
matrem, I'm concerned as to why some of you are "ashamed"?

I don't think I saw that word in any of the above posts. I would not advertise my guns, membership's etc to the public. If I meet you at a gun show or a retail business that sells guns then it's probably obvious I'm into firearms. Otherwise nobody knows.

I have no desire to leave my truck parked and come back to see windows broken, vehicle gone, etc. Some of us don't live in the best areas. Has nothing to do with being ashamed.

Carlos Cabeza
November 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
Wayyy back when.................

There was a member who had a screen print company make some shirts, hats, pins etc. Also some fine embroidered stuff.

I have, on several occasions, had to explain what "THR" and "MOLONLABE" was.

If it sparks conversation, it works !

wep45
November 4, 2008, 06:53 PM
sure im down for it. send me some asap ok

matrem
November 4, 2008, 07:00 PM
Rimmer,
Do understand your point of "areas"
I've been fortunate to not have a big issue with that.
I have,however gone into "our cities" Col,Clev,Cin..& NOT removed the tell tale signs of who I am.
Each of us has to decide "how far we're willing to go"

Gottahaveone
November 4, 2008, 08:03 PM
I would like to, but I don't wear a hat and I have this thing about wearing shirts with a design on the chest or back. I have no desire to give someone a nice, 6" aiming point for my center mass.....

moooose102
November 4, 2008, 10:34 PM
sountainly!. as the three stooges would say!

steak-knife
November 10, 2008, 09:10 AM
Perhaps a patch like this one in the link:

http://www.army.gr/multimedia/emblimata/html/a_ss.html

22-rimfire
November 10, 2008, 09:48 AM
Stuff like that is not too high in my prirority list. I don't display decals or anything of that nature on autos or trucks. The only ones that are on are ones are I'm legally required to have.

frogomatic
November 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
hey guys, I have a good friend that likes to do embroidering(sp?) If permission to use the the THR logo can be secured from Mr. Volk, I'm sure she would be happy to make us a few t-shirts/hats/whatever.

If you enjoyed reading about "ID as THR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!