Starline .38 Super Comp Brass

PDA

Stephen A. Camp
September 15, 2003, 11:59 PM
Hello. I've heard that this is essentially the same as .38 Super brass, but w/o the semi-rim and that's it's supposed to prevent "dipping" in higher capacity magazines and make most pistols more reliable in feeding a wider number of bullet shapes.

I have never even seen it and would sure appreciate the observations of those who have.

I'm wondering how much if any the extractor would need to be altered and if altered, would it work with standard .38 Super cases?

Best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Starline .38 Super Comp Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clark
September 16, 2003, 12:14 PM
CAUTION: The following post includes loading data beyond currently published maximums for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The High Road, nor the staff of THR assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information.

I used to modify 9x19mm chambers on Tokarevs with a .380" straight fluted reamer and throat with a drill, but now I have a 9x23mm reamer.

The two types of brass I use are Starline 9mm Supercomp and Win 9x23mmWin brass. The Win is thicker and has less case capacity. The best load I had last year was WSPM primers, 158 gr XTP, and LONGSHOT triple compressed in the Starline brass. This year I have found higher velocity with WSPM, 158 gr XTP, Power Pistol, and Win brass.

I have also converted a Star Super B.

The pistols I use have breech faces and extractors intended for the 7.62x25mm Tokarev, and the 9x19mm Luger respectively.
I have never had a jam.

richard franklin
September 17, 2003, 09:12 PM
i use 38 super comp starline in my open gun it works great.i also use an aftec extractor.

BigG
September 17, 2003, 09:32 PM
You can send a pm to TaxPhD who has one and uses it in competition. I believe the only difference is true rimless and that his gun will work with either semi rimmed Super 38 or 38 Super Comp interchangeably. But I could be wrong... :eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Starline .38 Super Comp Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!