Daylight Savings Time?

PDA

rcmodel
November 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
My computer and all my clocks says it is 10:58 AM, but this post says it is 11:58 AM.

Whats up with that?

If you enjoyed reading about "Daylight Savings Time?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
3pairs12
November 3, 2008, 12:12 PM
Its showing 10:58 now.

Mal H
November 3, 2008, 12:17 PM
testing timestamp

My timestamp is correct for EST. Your's does say it's 11:58 AM. Unless you posted that over an hour and a quarter ago, that is correct.

rcmodel - what is the timestamp on my post?

(3pairs12 - you are in the Central Time Zone, right? Then 10:58 would be correct for rcmodel's post. In fact, that's the same time he should be seeing.)

rcmodel
November 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
Well, it still shows 11:58 on mine.
And yours says 12:12.

Maybe I need to change the time off-set in the user CP.
But it's already set on central time, and thats what it is here after DLST ended.

Mal H
November 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
Mine shows 12:12? Not 12:17??? (I think you read that wrong. ;))

CST is obviously correct for eastern KS. Check the setting of the "DST Correction Option:" in your "Date and Time Options". With most systems selecting "Automatically Detect DST settings" is the best option.

[Edit]
I forgot that I can see your selected options - you don't have it set to automatically detect DST, and you have DST on. That's the problem.

rcmodel
November 3, 2008, 12:56 PM
Thank you!
Thank you very much!

I fugured it was something stupid I was doing!

If you enjoyed reading about "Daylight Savings Time?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!