Semi auto checkout?

PDA

Puncha
November 3, 2008, 10:31 PM
On THR, there is a revolver checklist to examine a revo before buying it to decrease the chance of it being a lemon.

Is there also a semi auto checkout? What should I look out for when examining a Glock 21 for purchase?

The aforesaid piece is going for US$395 and has a total of 4 mags with it. The dealer claims that it is in NRA excellent condition and has had a maximum of 3000 rds through it. I'm going to see it tomorrow and would like to know what to look for.

I'm asking because getting a gun license in my country is very troublesome and costly. I really don't want to shell out the big $$$ as license fees for this piece only to have it croak on me because of parts breakage some 1-3000 rounds later.

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi auto checkout?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Puncha
November 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
Any help would be sincerely appreciated. What are the things to look out for in a good second hand semi auto handgun?

Also, for all you guys who own glock 21s, how many rounds have you fired so far without parts breakage?

hankdatank1362
November 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
That sounds like a great price if it really is in excellent condition! Or even close to exellent!

I just rack the slide a couple times, make sure it's nice and smooth. Examine the bore with a penlight, make sure the feedramp is nice and smooth (no factory burrs or defections).

If he'll let you dry-fire it, then by all means, go ahead. Get a feel for the trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi auto checkout?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!