Anti's that actually have knowledge on firearms?

PDA

Carl
November 3, 2008, 10:53 PM
Have any of you ever come across any?

In my experiences, most people that I've talked to who are for gun control don't know anything about firearms at all. For instance, you've all read news articles that have lines like, "semi auto assault weapon," or "12 gauge high powered rifle." And of course the EVIL NOTORIOUS 50 BMG THAT CAN TAKE DOWN AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER!!! Anyway...

So do any of you have any stories or experiences with an anti that actually is knowledgeable about firearms?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anti's that actually have knowledge on firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
B yond
November 3, 2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, right...

Unicorns are more common.

P.S. - a 50BMG might not take down an aircraft carrier, but it will sure take down a unicorn.

Hawk
November 3, 2008, 11:11 PM
One.

A local Million Mom-er kept her facts scrupulously straight during the run-up to the 2004 AWB sunset - i.e.:

"If the ban is allowed to expire we will once again see U.S. made AK-47 and UZI semi-auto variants for sale with certain features."

The first, and thus far only, MMM'r that managed to keep the 1989 import ban distinct from the 1994 bill.

But, I suspect she's unique. You won't find her like outside Dallas. She'd probably be considered "pro-gun" in San Francisco.

Prepster
November 3, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have a friend who is a great guy, but totally anti. The strange thing is that he can name and give you a history on just about any military rifle he sees on TV, but doesn't think that civilians should be permitted any kind of gun ownership whatsoever. Not even black powder because "it can be used for crimes." :banghead:

Lookn4Brass
November 3, 2008, 11:18 PM
My experience is 100% the same. What I have found too is that whenever I actually convince a skeptic to come shooting with me, they end up wanting to go shooting again or buying a gun too. Funny, huh? For me it's been true. Getting them to the range is the hard part. Get past that, and it's a whole lot easier. ;)

Sebastian the Ibis
November 3, 2008, 11:21 PM
I talked to one last night that realized guns don't sprout fingers and shoot themselves. .... It's a start.

offthepaper
November 3, 2008, 11:22 PM
Yes.
I work for a very large hospital. We have a Radiologist who was with the SF during the Viet Nam War. He survived Khe Sahn. He is very anti and beleives there are way too many FA's in civilian hands. Just as a point of reference, he also has a strong dislike for contact sports. Yet he is in impressive physical shape himself, late 60's, and hard as a rock. But he has very diferent political ideas than I have. While I don't agree with him on many of the issues, I certainly have to respect his right to his differing view. He did more to earn that right than I ever will.

Carl
November 3, 2008, 11:23 PM
Also, most information they do get are from movies and media, which is why they think all black rifles are evil full auto mass murdering machine guns.

I bet 90% of anti's don't know the difference between any of the following:

Semi automatic rifles
Machine/Submachine guns
Assault Rifle

Unfortunately to most anti's, they're probably all the same.

jakemccoy
November 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
I have an anti-gun friend who brags about having experience with firearms during his ROTC days a lifetime ago. He mentioned some other BS experience too. Anyway, one day, he went into a tirade about how "we don't need those black assault weapons that Cho used." (For what I'm about to say, note that this guy has a civil engineering degree from Georgia Tech.) I asked him to explain technically exactly what he meant by Cho's "black assault weapons" and why they're different. He responded by saying I sounded like somebody was feeding me propaganda. I decided that my health (low blood pressure) was more important than a meaningless debate. So, I left it there.

camslam
November 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
Not a single one, and I've debated plenty of them.

The usual is they know someone that was hurt or killed by a gun. Some of them claim to have been raised in homes with guns, but their arguments are almost always based on illogical, emotional, irrational ideas about guns and their use.

mr.scott
November 4, 2008, 12:39 AM
"What is a barrel shroud?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo
:)

Rubber_Duck
November 4, 2008, 12:57 AM
^^^

I'll be sending you a bill for a new keyboard. Seriously.

"Do you know what a barrel shroud is?"
"It's a shoulder thing that goes up"

:confused:
:rolleyes::scrutiny:

CRITGIT
November 4, 2008, 01:01 AM
Educating the gun ignorant will pay much bigger dividends than the same old basharama!
Try it!
How many newbies did you dare to participate in shooting with you?

CRITGIT

Justin
November 4, 2008, 01:01 AM
Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy Center claims to have been a police officer who ranked highly in some form of competitive shooting sport.

He's also a gun owner.

rfurtkamp
November 4, 2008, 10:06 AM
I've met many active in some of the traditional 'shooting sports' - the shotguns etc. are simply there as sporting implements like golf clubs. They're *never* to be used for defense. Nobody *needs* to have a pistol or a rifle or whatever, or defensive ammunition. Semi-automatics are only OK with 28"+ barrels and outfitted for trap.

Half of them also are utter hypocrites, 'They' have handguns but they believe nobody else should.

They are also the same people who cried the loudest when they found out that they couldn't get certain shotgun features the next time they bought a gun post-94.

Semi-knowledgeable gun owners are our worst enemies.

RKBABob
November 4, 2008, 10:23 AM
I've met many active in some of the traditional 'shooting sports' - the shotguns etc. are simply there as sporting implements like golf clubs. They're *never* to be used for defense. Nobody *needs* to have a pistol or a rifle or whatever, or defensive ammunition. Semi-automatics are only OK with 28"+ barrels and outfitted for trap.

Ever notice that they tend to have a very advanced education... but don't seem to be able to think on their own, without the assistance of an entire college staff and numerous textbooks on the subject they are pondering. And they're snobs!:neener:

rfurtkamp
November 4, 2008, 11:06 AM
Ever notice that they tend to have a very advanced education... but don't seem to be able to think on their own, without the assistance of an entire college staff and numerous textbooks on the subject they are pondering.

It's a class rather than education thing IME. Most have professional jobs, but they hold themselves above everyone. Even if they were dirt farmers they would (and some *are* dirt farmers).

If I could count the number of times someone who only shoots single shot TC handguns for various competitions came over, stopped the truck as they rolled by my bay or spot on the line, or otherwise 'make sure' what I'm using is legal, I'd need about 50 more hands and feet.

The true irony in all is that those 'inspections' were all far more prevalent before I got NFA stuff.

Maybe they think the Uzi and MP5s are Airsoft ;0

The Lone Haranguer
November 4, 2008, 11:33 AM
"Semi-automatic machine guns"
"Shoulder thing that goes up"
"These weapons of war can fire 600 rounds in a minute ... from the hip!"

I'm hard pressed to think of any. :rolleyes:

bdickens
November 4, 2008, 11:35 AM
have a friend who is a great guy, but totally anti. The strange thing is that he can name and give you a history on just about any military rifle he sees on TV, but doesn't think that civilians should be permitted any kind of gun ownership whatsoever. Not even black powder because "it can be used for crimes."

Maybe we should outlaw penises for the same reason.

RKBABob
November 4, 2008, 11:36 AM
I was going to say something similar... but I didn't want to give the politicians any ideas. :banghead:

Mike OTDP
November 4, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hmph. I hold an advanced professional degree, and am very competitive in the shooting sports.

And I don't care one whit what you own. I may try to persuade you to buy better gear (you will NEVER regret buying quality), but the idea of "Guns for me, but not for thee" would never enter my head.

Deanimator
November 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
I've seen almost none. I used to have hours of amusement in FidoNet and usenet rubbing anti-gunners in their own ignorance. One imbecile said that you could smuggle a Glock onto an airplane by disguising the barrel as a "pen" and the slide as a "PADLOCK"! He couldn't think of anything which the serial numbered frame could be disgused as. He seemed quite unhappy to be told that without the frame, the other bits were useless.

Then there was the well known internet psycho (a lunatic who tarnishes the entire father's rights movement) who waxed ignorant about "500 round" AK magazines. By the time I was done with him, he looked like he'd sat in a wood chipper.

mljdeckard
November 4, 2008, 01:15 PM
One telling example was the degree of niavete with which the '94 AWB was written. They ban things like flash hiders and bayonet lugs, and model names rather than anything that matters, and they're surprised that the only thing that changes is some magazine prices.

But SOMEONE has to be letting them in on the destructive power of .50 BMG rifles, etc. They have to have someone working for them who knows a little.

I do enjoy disarming them when they use phrases like, "A high-powered rifle at point-blank range", to which I inquire, "You mean a 30-06 at 200 yards? That's what a high-powered rifle at point blank range means."

In all fairness, there are plenty of PRO-gun people who would be dangerous if they had a clue as well.

Golden Hound
November 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
There are probably some idiots in Hollywood who get information about guns out of the various movies that they work with, and transfer that information to anti groups.

I wonder if Michael Mann is an anti? I really can't imagine someone who's an anti sitting around thinking, "hmm...I think Al Pacino should have an FN FNC in this scene."

RockyMtnTactical
November 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
I've been saying the same thing. Most anti's are totally clueless.

Carolyn McCarthy and Diane Feinstein are two prime examples.

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2008/08/ignorant-anti-gun-rights-people.html

Carlos Cabeza
November 4, 2008, 02:04 PM
Some men you just can't reach !

It certainly doesn't help when EVERY gun related crime is in the news.

I think the anti's LIKE the bad news because it gives them something to focus their attention.

offthepaper
November 4, 2008, 02:06 PM

If McCarthy's husband had been carrying that night on the train, he might still be here and she would still be home baking cookies. :barf:

BBQLS1
November 4, 2008, 02:15 PM

Classic!

SN13
November 4, 2008, 04:33 PM
My Saiga-12 18" Side-folder is setup for Trap.... just ask the fudds I beat last time I went out. 23's and 24's are fun to shoot, Still after the elusive 25 with the Saiga.

Larry E
November 4, 2008, 04:35 PM
One genius in Seattle referred to those nasty "25 mm handguns", and then there were the semiautomatic revolvers.... I'd like to see the guy who's shooting that 25 mm handgun, the size of the guy would likely put the fear into anyone of normal size. And aren't all DA revolvers semiauto? The fire once per trigger pull don't they.

bdickens
November 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
:eek: Yikes! A 25mm handgun! Move over .500 S&W Magnum!

Carl
November 4, 2008, 06:17 PM
We should try to find the most humorous combination of firearm definitions.

.50 CAL 12 GAUGE SEMIAUTO DOUBLE BARREL REVOLVER MACHINE GUN!

FLR72
November 4, 2008, 06:47 PM
Fear breeds in ingorance.

Haveing converted a few anti gunners I always think of the guy with the .38 snubby making a 150 yard shot to the top of a building on T.V. and people believing it. There was a time I had to convince my wife (former anti gunner who can shoot as well or better than me now) this is not possiable.

My only hope was Betty Lou.. she was da one, a combination.. AK 57, UZI , radar, laser, triple barrel, double scoped, heat seeking shot gun.

tribbles
November 4, 2008, 06:49 PM

17-clip fed, no less... ;)

Joe Demko
November 4, 2008, 07:11 PM
Of course, rather than hanging out here patting each other on the fanny for being so much better than those people, we could be doing something crazy like making a polite and sincere attempt to educate the ignorant.
Polite.
Sincere.
Not sneering.
Not jeering.
Educate.
Not dominate.
You may now return to your sneering and fanny patting.

Dr. Fresh
November 4, 2008, 08:05 PM
I can think of two professors off the top of my head that teach at my school that are Fudds. They own guns and hunt and know something about firearms, but they don't give a rat's ass about the 2A.

RP88
November 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
plenty of people my age have knowledge of the guns (models, makes, calibers, etc.), but nothing about their legal and technical definitions, and general facts about the issue. the latter two are usually the problem.

MagnumDweeb
November 4, 2008, 09:02 PM
Not any real knowledge but most antis as I see it are not the types of people to hold any interests in guns. Most of them are folks who simply seem to follow Lemming like trails of fact-and-reason absent information.

I once had to explain to an anti why it's a far smarter thing to carry a gun than a knife for self-defense along the lines of "Who brings a gun to a knife fight...the winner." He goes to my law school and can't understand why I now have three women (none of them single or available, not that it matters 'cause of fiance), two guys, and once in a blue moon my previous Torts professor(first time he ever fired a gun was at the range with us, and I turned him onto gunbroker where bought a Heritage .22lr revolver) who go to the range with me every few weeks.

The only anti I know is my constitutional law professor at my law school and he isn't a hardcore anti, he straddles the fence. He's pro-2nd amendment but doesn't believe in any full-auto weapons for law-abiding adults, doesn't think folks should own .50 BMGs, and wants stricter licensing for guns but oddly enough is pro-concealed carry, granted he has a concealed carry license. To boot he's an Alabama born and raised genuine southernner and a.....<in a frightened voice> liberal.

We haven't butted heads because that would be bad for my grades, I just leave it at "No one is perfect". He did....did hunt in Alabam. And he does own an old Beretta 92 and a couple of duck guns as he told me once when I invited him out to the range.

rfurtkamp
November 4, 2008, 09:38 PM
Of course, rather than hanging out here patting each other on the fanny for being so much better than those people, we could be doing something crazy like making a polite and sincere attempt to educate the ignorant.

I don't bother with the ignorant any more.

I go after their children as a firearms instructor.

A3rd.Zero
January 25, 2009, 01:50 AM

Hang on Carl, I think that could actually work. It's the double barrel part that makes it possible. One side would have to be some sort of a 12 Gauge DA Revolver, that would sort of fulfill the semiauto part... kind of. The other barrel would be a chain fed .50 cal. Then you just use double triggers, a nice walnut bench stock and a hummer to lay the thing across.

Guy de Loimbard
January 25, 2009, 02:02 AM

AK-57 Uzi radar laser triple barrel double-scoped heat-seeking shotgun!
Betty Lou, she's the one!

cbrgator
January 25, 2009, 02:10 AM
I do remember something about Sarah Brady buying a 30-06 for her son or something. I bet she knows a lot about guns, and just doesn't care. The more she knows about them, the more effectively she can lobby against them. Gun control is her thing.

MatthewVanitas
January 25, 2009, 02:12 AM
I ran across a decent scattering of people in the Marines who supported gun control. Not the majority, but since the military is somewhat representative of the larger population, there were a decent number.

Then again, even Marines, even in combat arms MOSs, don't necessarily have much "knowledge" besides the specifics of what they do. That is, they may be able to shoot and maintain an M16, and recite "The M16A2 rifle is an automatic, shoulder-fired, air-cooled 5.56mm weapon", but they don't necessarily know any more than that, or care to.

Though one of the more outspoken anti-gun Marines I knew was our battalion armorer. I dropped by the armory in Ramadi (Iraq) to drop off a bunch of gun magazines and catalogs I'd gotten in the mail, thinking the armorers might enjoy reading them during downtime, and he was very displeased about it. He basically said that Marines liking guns outside of work was unwholesome, and that only psychos and wannabes owned non-issue firearms.

He'd grown up in some rough neighborhood in L.A., and explained "I've seen what guns can do to a person." I found it rather odd that he basically implied that others didn't understand the dangers of weapons, yet all of us were in a warzone at the time, in a combat unit.

So there are definitely people in the military who work with firearms, and in some cases know them quite well, but are opposed to civilian ownership for political or cultural reasons.

JWF III
January 25, 2009, 10:01 AM
the guy with the .38 snubby making a 150 yard shot

Not to the top of a building, but I have seen film of Bob Munden making shots longer than that with a .38 snubnose. (And a 1911A1 also.)

Now that is some good gun control.:evil:

Wyman

Sato Ord
January 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
Interestingly enough I have had the same experience. Those who totally oppose firearms usually know nothing about them, and many seem to secretly want to go to the range.

In the dojo we would have Aikido Camps about twice a year. The founder of our style also has two dojos in Japan, and he would invite his high ranked students from Japan to come. It never failed that I would then be called to take them to the range because the first thing any of these peace loving, anti-gun Japanese wanted to do was go shooting! And none of them wanted to settle for little .22s. They wanted the biggest pistols they could get the tiny little hands on so they would have bragging rights when they went home.

mljdeckard
January 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
......unwholesome?!

Titan6
January 25, 2009, 11:23 AM
I think we are talking level of knowledge here.

Joe Biden and John Kerry can probably shoot a mean round of clays but try to hand them an AK and they will likely vomit or cross themselves. Just because someone does not know about all firearms does not make them ignorant about all guns. But you know what they say about a little bit of knowledge being dangerous? Doubly so here.

Gungnir
January 25, 2009, 12:41 PM

And that would be the Diane Feinstein that holds a CPL in California?

U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) on terrorism and self-defense:
The following comments were made by U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) during U.S. Senate hearings on terrorism held in Washington, D.C. on April 27, 1995:

"Because less than twenty years ago I was the target of a terrorist group. It was the New World Liberation Front. They blew up power stations and put a bomb at my home when my husband was dying of cancer. And the bomb didn't detonate. ... I was very lucky. But, I thought of what might have happened. Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home."

"And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me."

willbrink
January 25, 2009, 12:48 PM
"Have any of you ever come across any? "

Nope. :scrutiny:

jackdanson
January 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
wow zombie thread.

"Have any of you ever come across any? "

nope. Most people in general know nothing of guns... even most of the police officers and many of the enlisted folks I know.

stellarpod
January 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
nope. Most people in general know nothing of guns... even most of the police officers and many of the enlisted folks I know.

Even scarier is their lack of knowledge where the Constitution of the United States is concerned. You know, that document they each swore to uphold and defend?

stellarpod

Average Joe
January 25, 2009, 03:29 PM
No, any anti I've run across doesn't have a clue about guns. Its just an emotional issue, they see GUN and get all crazed and glassy eyed, then go off spouting all the wrong info they read in the media.

tmneast
January 26, 2009, 06:23 AM

Let's just avoid any open carry debates. :-)

notorious
January 26, 2009, 07:05 AM
I've actually brought quite a few ignorant noobs and some antis to the range and got them all hooked.

I even had a rabidly anti roommate a long time ago and when she went shooting the first time, the ear to ear grin told the whole story. I still hate her though because she is still a miserable person.

Oh, and no, I have not ran into ONE anti that knew half of what they are talking about. I have debated with a ton of them because gun rights are very important to me and everytime I hear ignorance being spouted, I try to interject facts into the emotional discussion. Yeah, I know, antis don't like facts to get in their way.

There are some moderates who believe in rights for certain guns and not other types that sorta know what they are talking about but they are still ignoring the fact that the EBRs are hardly, if ever, used in crimes so banning them does little, if anything, to help the problem.

wickedsprint
January 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
I actually know a surprising amount of antis in the military. I would say perhaps less than 25% of us have privately owned firearms in my operations group of ~300 people). I find that the antis can never put up a good argument and how dare you bring up actual cold hard facts when it comes to gun control.

I have a degree in Criminology and have had to do actual research on the subject at hand, what do YOU bring to the table besides a media based but otherwise uneducated opinion?

Their reactions and arguments are all fear and emotion based, at least every single one I have talked with. Some usually have a friend or acquaintance that was killed with a gun, either self inflicted on purpose or accident. I usually find these are the same people that hate motorcycles..until you give them a ride.

6_gunner
January 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
I flipped through an anti-gun book at the library the other day. There was a chapter explaining the differences between types of guns, and it was rife with misinformation.

They stated, for example, that shotguns fire "hundreds of projectiles with one shot." I doubt that even birdshot shells contain "hundreds" of pellets. They also said that "shotguns with a barrel length under 18 inches have been illegal to own since the 1934 National Firearms Act." Granted, they're more highly regulated, but they're still available.

I should think that they would go to the trouble of doing some research when writing a book. I was disgusted, but not terribly surprised.

Len S
January 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
One should remember that antis are the same kind of people who voted for Mr.Obama. I am sure you have all seen the video where they did a survey of Obama voters and the voters thought his choice of Sarah Palan was great and that his idea to stay in Iraq was the best one. The majority of the left act on emotion only. They did the Na NA NA good bye thing to Pres Bush, they are already trying to get Mr. Obama to be President for life, five letters so far in various papers on that. There is no core of belief in individual thought, there is no thought that as an individual one can accomplish anything which is why they look to the government for all answers. Antis like the rest of the left do not need facts they just need to feel right. Facts can confuse them and lead to irrational attacks, see any report on pmsmsnbc. We have to start onthe youth and educate them with facts. We cant have our young be like Chris Matthews, the reporter who needs to change his skivies everything he hears Mr.Obama speak.

Len

expvideo
January 26, 2009, 11:34 AM
Have any of you ever come across any?
No. If they had knowledge on firearms, they wouldn't be antis.

Gungnir
January 26, 2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure that whether I'm concerned more with Anti's with no knowledge, or "gun advocates" with little knowledge, or foresight.

I recently had an argument with a lifelong NRA member, and alleged 2A supporter, who said he believed a return of the 94 AWB would be a good thing, and couldn't understand how I could support a repeal of the 86 select-fire ban, or the '68 NFA, as he didn't see these as affecting the 2A "in any real sense".

Maybe I'm just a crazy gun lovin' fiend.:confused:

Marcus5aurelius
January 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
Never, everyone I've talked to who says they dont like guns have only used movies as their point of reference. lol

notorious
January 27, 2009, 08:01 AM
One should remember that antis are the same kind of people who voted for Mr.Obama. I am sure you have all seen the video where they did a survey of Obama voters and the voters thought his choice of Sarah Palan was great and that his idea to stay in Iraq was the best one. The majority of the left act on emotion only. They did the Na NA NA good bye thing to Pres Bush, they are already trying to get Mr. Obama to be President for life, five letters so far in various papers on that. There is no core of belief in individual thought, there is no thought that as an individual one can accomplish anything which is why they look to the government for all answers. Antis like the rest of the left do not need facts they just need to feel right. Facts can confuse them and lead to irrational attacks, see any report on pmsmsnbc. We have to start onthe youth and educate them with facts. We cant have our young be like Chris Matthews, the reporter who needs to change his skivies everything he hears Mr.Obama speak.

Len

The fear mongering and race baiting is detestable to say the least when it comes to rational debate with anyone on that side.

The amazing thing is this guy has not done anything substantive other than return us to the Clinton era and also to go back on his promises of transparency and break from lobbyists.

Then vowed return to the 1994 AWB is also just another bow to the left.

There has never been any facts to support any positions of the antis but that has never stopped them because the politicians don't want to be right, they just want to feel good and look like they care.

The left has the ear of the country right now and so we must bide our time until it backfires on them when they realize they are going to eventually feed on each other because as more succumb to the welfare state, less and less people will work to support the state, and the state has to be more draconian to extract more out of the people.

Double Naught Spy
January 27, 2009, 08:42 AM
The thing about being an anti and having knowledge is that for the aspect of public involvment, they don't need great knowledge. That is where propaganda comes into play.

The same can be said to exist on our side as well.

Both sides claim to know what they are talking about. Both sides are rife with propaganda that is both misleading and some of which is downright wrong.

Like the antis, we tend to be a lot more accepting of errors and misrepresentations that are supportive of our cause and critical of those that do not.

notorious
January 27, 2009, 08:46 AM
The thing about being an anti and having knowledge is that for the aspect of public involvment, they don't need great knowledge. That is where propaganda comes into play.

The same can be said to exist on our side as well.

Both sides claim to know what they are talking about. Both sides are rife with propaganda that is both misleading and some of which is downright wrong.

Like the antis, we tend to be a lot more accepting of errors and misrepresentations that are supportive of our cause and critical of those that do not.

That's because we're right... and we have facts, when you boil it down to the basics and take away all the propaganda and falsehoods on both sides.

leathermanwave
January 27, 2009, 12:49 PM
They stated, for example, that shotguns fire "hundreds of projectiles with one shot." I doubt that even birdshot shells contain "hundreds" of pellets.

The box of 12Ga #6 shot 2 3/4" shells I am holding right now says it has 225 pellets. In 7 1/2 it would have 350. In 8 it would have 410.
The book was actually right on that point.

Robocop
January 27, 2009, 05:28 PM
Back in the early'90's,I ran into an anti at a range I went to weekly. I shoot a Colt AR15 sp1 on a weekly basis,and EVERY TIME I brought it out, he would make it a point to announce to the other shooters on the line that my rifle had no place on the range because it was meant for killing people. I guess he went on the join AHSA.:banghead:

Kino74
January 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
Back in the early'90's,I ran into an anti at a range I went to weekly. I shoot a Colt AR15 sp1 on a weekly basis,and EVERY TIME I brought it out, he would make it a point to announce to the other shooters on the line that my rifle had no place on the range because it was meant for killing people. I guess he went on the join AHSA.

Luckily I don't run into that problem. Apparently in the Baton Rouge area only handgunners, AW and NFA owners go to ranges. Seriously I never see hunters or other so-called "sportsmen" at ranges.

I find that those who do not frequent ranges or take part in competition tend to be more likely to see other classes of weapons as a ban target.

I hate to acknowledge this but even here there are those who act like hunting is the number one reason to own a firearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anti's that actually have knowledge on firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!