Gettin Scared...

PDA

Auburn1992
November 4, 2008, 09:16 PM
for my gun rights :eek::eek::(

If you enjoyed reading about "Gettin Scared..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
elkhuntingfool
November 4, 2008, 09:19 PM
it'll take at least 77 days for the two to start to screw things into the ground - so load up on everything you can get your hands on. Especially ammo. They might not get the guns - but they'll tax the heck out of ammo so you won't be able to afford to shoot what you rightfully own.

Auburn1992
November 4, 2008, 09:22 PM
Well, I know what I am getting for X Mas: Either a reloading kit, or ~$600 worth of 9mm, x39, 7mm-08, and .22's

M&PVolk
November 4, 2008, 09:32 PM
I want to buy an AR, but I'm concerned about .223 being taxed into obscurity for the average buyer come Jan.

Auburn1992
November 4, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hell, I would do it if I had the cash right now. That is one of my biggest firearm regrets, putting off gettting an AR15... :(

MikeKeyW
November 4, 2008, 09:34 PM
What happened to Ohio? 30% Republican turnout???

Cuba got change in 1959.

M&PVolk
November 4, 2008, 09:50 PM
What's sad is that I talked to several Obama voters today and they had no answer for why they wanted Obama...they just do.

distra
November 4, 2008, 09:50 PM
Gettin Scared for my gun rights

Before this gets locked, YOU SHOULD BE! :cool:

Frog48
November 4, 2008, 09:52 PM
IBTL.

Yep, its more than a little scary.

Prepster
November 4, 2008, 09:53 PM
Whoever wins has bigger fish to fry. No harm in stocking up, but it isn't like January is the end of the second amendment.

Beat the lock!

esmith
November 4, 2008, 09:55 PM
Yes, i too am afraid of Mr. Barack. A lot of people want change but they don't know what change Big O's going to give them.

Crazy Fingers
Obama has won the presidency. He has 200 electoral votes so far and CA, OR, WA, and HI aren't on his list yet. Those are definitely going to push him over 270. It is over, and we have George Bush to thank for it. :(

mgregg85
Buy your scary black toys soon folks, just to be safe.

Yo Mama
November 4, 2008, 09:57 PM
Why would it get locked? This is really a discussion where politics are unavoidable to talk about.

SoCalShooter
November 4, 2008, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna buy two ak's a PSL and two more AR lowers and two m1a's !!

meef
November 4, 2008, 10:01 PM
I just ordered some ammo from Ammunition To Go's website. This is what they have posted as you get there:

Due To An Extreme Increase In The Amount Of Orders, We Are Currently Experiencing A Slight Delay In Shipping. Your Order May Be Delayed 3-4 Working Days. Thank You For Your Business and Sorry For Any Inconvenience.

Extreme increase in orders?

Gosh, I wonder why? Some sort of unrelated coincidence perhaps?

:mad:

indoorsoccerfrea
November 4, 2008, 10:03 PM
What sorts would he go after first if he were to go after guns? Handguns? or assault?

esmith
November 4, 2008, 10:04 PM
Obama has won the presidency. He has 200 electoral votes so far and CA, OR, WA, and HI aren't on his list yet. Those are definitely going to push him over 270. It is over, and we have George Bush to thank for it.

Like hell you do. Has George Bush really screwed things up that badly? Has he forced the sub-prime mortgage lenders to cook their books so badly? Has he increased taxes on oil companies causing them to skyrocket the price of oil? No, in fact, this entire economic problem hasn't started since about 2 years ago. Try and think about what happened two years ago.

You have PALM to blame for Barack winning the election.

Politics.Academia.Literature.MEDIA.

JImbothefiveth
November 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
He'd ban assault first. GOSHDARNIT this election makes me mad! :mad:

distra
November 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
What sorts would he go after first if he were to go after guns? Handguns? or assault?

Anything that goes bang.

M&PVolk
November 4, 2008, 10:06 PM
Obama might have bigger fish to fry, but Biden won't. He was responsible for the first AW ban, he will make it a priority to initiate another one ASAP. Just check out the Democratic debate on youtube. Search for "Are our babies safe".

Kino74
November 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
Assault weapons will be first. Biden did write the first AWB and he is quite proud of it.

The_Shootist
November 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
Precisely - scumbag leftwing media in this country are more dangerous than Al Qaeda .

indoorsoccerfrea
November 4, 2008, 10:09 PM
So any bans put in place simply prevent future sales? Or do they force you to fork over your current weapons if they are banned weapons...

crushbup
November 4, 2008, 10:09 PM
While I'm not enthused by an Obama presidency, I am also not screaming of treason. If the same party won every time, we wouldn't have democracy, we'd have tyranny. It takes a shock for people to realize what they did was wrong, and if they realize that with whatever president they get, they only have to wait a few years and kick him out.

That or immediate violent revolution. Whichever people feel like more.

IBTL

ETA: I am not necessarily supportive of violent revolution. Do not mistake this as a call to arms or threat of violence.

Anywho, I'm really pissed off. I had piled all of my guns onto my fishing boat so I could go duck hunting after an early morning fishing trip, and right as I set my boat in the water a Kraken came and destroyed it, pulling my entire collection down with it. :(

JImbothefiveth
November 4, 2008, 10:10 PM
So any bans put in place simply prevent future sales? Or do they force you to fork over your current weapons if they are banned weapons
The last ones just prevented future sales, but with the way D.C. is looking currently...

crushbup
November 4, 2008, 10:11 PM
So any bans put in place simply prevent future sales? Or do they force you to fork over your current weapons if they are banned weapons...

Whichever one they can get congress to pass.

Vaulter98c
November 4, 2008, 10:14 PM
HMmmm im sad,truly sad. And to think he will be my CO. Such a disaster. I cant wait until he ducks up and then we see what the public think, and we can blame them for roasting us, the troops.

rockinrussky
November 4, 2008, 10:16 PM
I'm actually considering getting a lower receiver for an AR, which I plan to build eventually. If there is an AW ban, are we to expect things like uppers for the AR to be banned as well? I know this is panic buying but what sorts of components should we worry about buying now and which ones can we wait on?

Getting back to my alcohol, the only thing that'll make the next four years bearable...:(

M&PVolk
November 4, 2008, 10:18 PM
We have never had a more anti-gun president/vice president team in the history of America as Obama/Biden. Combine that with a Democrat super majority in Congress (likely to happen), and every left wing policy imagined by someone with a D next to his name will simply be rubberstamped through with no opposition.

Will Obama confiscate guns? Not directly. I think he will ban new sales, ban importation, and tax ammo out of reach. When that is over with, I expect him to push for signing an anti-gun treaty with the UN in the interest of "creating global goodwill and restoring America's reputation".

On his own, I wouldn't expect any significant gun control, but this is the perfect storm for destroying gun rights.

distra
November 4, 2008, 10:19 PM
Getting back to my alcohol, the only thing that'll make the next four years bearable...

Four years is optimistic. Most people are thinking BHO will carry 2 terms :banghead:.

JImbothefiveth
November 4, 2008, 10:20 PM
Getting back to my alcohol, the only thing that'll make the next four years bearable
You could always try guns, or religion..

As long as it's not a dangerous "assault bible". :neener:

M&PVolk
November 4, 2008, 10:21 PM
Find out what our new VP thinks of AR owners who like their guns here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkavwuWE5eQ

rbernie
November 4, 2008, 10:21 PM
So instead of beng scared, who's up for being MAD and writing their elected officials tomorrow and making sure that they know how important gun rights are to you?

Or is it just more fun to sit around and complain to each other?

CHEVELLE427
November 4, 2008, 10:22 PM
Something wicked this way comes

J23
November 4, 2008, 10:23 PM
Well, that's all folks, its over from where Im sitting; dont blame us, West Virginians took care of our end. I guess the next question now is, how everyone is going to react when you get that knock at the door...

"Sir, we're here to enforce the manditory buy back program..."

Treo
November 4, 2008, 10:23 PM
This is gonna get locked. Before it does: Tomorrow moring we need to write to our congressmen & senators and tell them there continued employment hinges on their not introducing or supporting any type of gun control legislation

Jeff White
November 4, 2008, 10:25 PM
You ought to more scared of getting your thread locked for violating the no politics rule. That is something bad that definately will happen no matter how the election goes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gettin Scared..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!