HBN For coating Bullets

PDA

normanh
November 4, 2008, 10:48 PM
I have decided to coat my rifle bullets using HBN/Hexagonal Boron Nitrate/White Graphite. I found a source in Canada but they sell by the pound. I am looking for someone that will sell an ounce or two. Norman

If you enjoyed reading about "HBN For coating Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ants
November 4, 2008, 11:25 PM
Is that the white powder Hornady uses on their funky lead handgun bullets with the checkered surface?

normanh
November 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
Can't give you an answer on that. Didn't know Hornady did that. Right now I shoot Bear Creek moly coated cast bullets in my 1911. Sometime I would like to try coating the non coated cast 45 ACP bullets I have with HBN and see what happens.

Better hide your guns and money. I am told that Bama got elected. I'm done. Not going to watch any more news. Use to watch fox all the time because I like to be informed by the truth. Can't handle it. Done

Sport45
November 7, 2008, 01:36 AM
I am told that Bama got elected. I'm done. Not going to watch any more news. Use to watch fox all the time because I like to be informed by the truth. Can't handle it. Done

Sounds like they told you the truth. Obama did win. I didn't vote for him, but he is our president now. We'll just have to make the best of it. Maybe I should sell my stocks at a loss now since I can probably recoup the losses with CD's that will be 20% or so in a couple of years....

If you enjoyed reading about "HBN For coating Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!