Obama to be 44th president, buy a 44 mag in honor

PDA

No Fear
November 4, 2008, 11:10 PM
Or should I buy 44 assault rifles?

Or 44 cases of wolf 7.62 X 39? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama to be 44th president, buy a 44 mag in honor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bear2000
November 4, 2008, 11:11 PM
No matter what you think of him, celebrate the idea of America tonight. There's a lot to be proud of here. Anyone and anything is possible in this great land.

JLStorm
November 4, 2008, 11:12 PM
depends what you feel like most handing the men in black when they arrive at your door in the near future during the mass confiscation :evil:

gunNoob
November 4, 2008, 11:14 PM
I ordered 50 20rd packs of Wolf this morning :)

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:15 PM
maybe an attempt lol .... i wonder who has more guns, the gov't or the citizens it governs:evil:

Surefire
November 4, 2008, 11:17 PM
All the above AND 44 cases of wine.

The_Shootist
November 4, 2008, 11:20 PM
......will be useful as we fall back behind the Mason-Dixon Line to re-constitute the Confederacy. :evil:

ArfinGreebly
November 4, 2008, 11:21 PM
Guys . . . stay on topic.

crushbup
November 4, 2008, 11:21 PM
44 American Flags? So you can remember what they look like when they're replaced with a Coca-Cola logo.

Ooh, ooh, how about 44 lawyers? To fight all the BS we'll be putting up with for at least 4 more years.

ETA: I voted for "All of the Above" disregard my earlier comments, they were being typed as the mod posted his, so they appeared later.

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:22 PM
a 44 mag would be nice:rolleyes:

No Fear
November 4, 2008, 11:23 PM
What's another model of gun that has "44" in it? :D

ArfinGreebly
Stay on topic.

Big Boomer
Just a couple of words...for the first time in my adult life I am scared. And I just bought my Saiga 12 so I'll be ok when the zombies come.

jrou111
November 4, 2008, 11:24 PM
Or you could donate $44 to the NRA or GOA.

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:25 PM
44-40 levergun count?:uhoh:

rbernie
How about sending $44 to the RKBA group of your choice? Or maybe writing 44 letters to various elected representatives across your city, state, and Federal government to express your firm resolve to preserve the RKBA in this country?

CK
Go get those mags, soon.

Gunsby_Blazen
November 4, 2008, 11:26 PM
buy your mags boys!, who knows when you can get them again

and in honor of Obama, i joined the NRA

No Fear
November 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
44-40 levergun count?Heck yea, thank you ;)

Mantis86
How long will these bans take to be imposed or is it a case of who knows?

Surefire
Agree about donating

$44 to NRA and GOA

distra
November 4, 2008, 11:28 PM
Let's each get 44 new NRA members, we are going to need as many as we can get to pull us through the dark age to come.

Floppy_D
November 4, 2008, 11:28 PM
I'll cast 44 lbs of lead tomorrow. :D

Mantis86
November 4, 2008, 11:29 PM
Absolutely youarent kidding distra

Sepia
November 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
44 cans of mil surplus ammo
44 tons of MRE's
44 obnoxiously large AMERICAN flags
44 "Don't tread on me" flags (you know the texas kind) also obnoxiously large
44 security camera's
44 for tall fence
$44 to the NRA
and 44 bottles of jack daniels, to take the edge off...

Blarelli
November 4, 2008, 11:31 PM
No matter what you think of him, celebrate the idea of America tonight. There's a lot to be proud of here. Anyone and anything is possible in this great land.

Why would I celebrate a blow against our republic?

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:34 PM
casting 44 tons of lead with 44 different molds sounds good, along with trying 44 new loads, with a new stock of 44lbs of powder, and tumbling 44 different types of brass for the 44 new guns you recently decided to buy lol:D

10/22plinker
November 4, 2008, 11:35 PM
I have 3 new in packaging 10/22 clips and all of my uncles good to go now to paint obamas face on a pumpkin and go plinking

Just Jim
November 4, 2008, 11:36 PM
Maybe just spending 44 minutes a day fighting for your gun rights.

jj

Gunsby_Blazen
November 4, 2008, 11:36 PM
I JUST JOINED THE NRA!

probably should have earlier

and got 3 Mini mags from Ruger.

JLStorm
November 4, 2008, 11:39 PM
I really like the 44 new members of the NRA

Sepia
November 4, 2008, 11:40 PM
I just signed up as well. Its a small price to pay for the support that my few dollars will provide.

ReadyontheRight
November 4, 2008, 11:41 PM
Buy a bunch of .45s.

(While you still can).

Just Jim
November 4, 2008, 11:43 PM
I think the first thing that will be a problem will be suppressors and class three stuff. Better buy and get the paperwork started right away. 4 of each.

jj

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:44 PM
the poll is at -44- for "all of the above" lol

RKBABob
November 4, 2008, 11:44 PM
There's no option on the poll for crying yourself to sleep for the next 44 nights.

DaveBeal
November 4, 2008, 11:46 PM

Hear, hear!

(Doing my part to get this thread locked.) ;)

tn-dave
November 4, 2008, 11:46 PM
I think I'll buy another 45, just "skip" honoring this one and look forward to the next election

JBURGII
November 4, 2008, 11:49 PM
4x4 Im driving to the New Independant Republic of Alaska...
How many ammo cans fit in a long bed dodge? J

jnyork
November 4, 2008, 11:49 PM
First thing in the morining I will send NRA-ILA $44.00 and encourage the rest of you to do the same.

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:51 PM
i like the idea of just skipping up to the 45th an umm..... go for a .454 lol

Mike U.
November 4, 2008, 11:52 PM
+1 Sepia!

And 44 Valium to go with the 44 bottles of Jack Daniels! WOOHOO!

Sepia
November 4, 2008, 11:54 PM
lol mike
I had a tooth yanked today (as if the day isn't painful enough) so I'm already loaded up on the Vicaden :D

daorhgih
November 4, 2008, 11:56 PM
Don't just lay there and moan. Send your NRA and GOA reps a postcard every week reminding them that you care about what they do, Also tell them not to DROP THE BALL again. Buy what you want while you can, because the tax stamps on class III are prolly gonna rise to $2000, and on each handgun will get excised at $200 also, for good measure. Prepare to make congressional alterations in 2010, and get ready for the next big push for 2011 & 2012.

TRGRHPY
November 4, 2008, 11:56 PM
I voted for all...I mean who the heck knows what they plan on banning. And don't forget that we're about to be "tested".

1858rem
November 4, 2008, 11:57 PM
this thread got 44 replies in 44 minuets lol

airforceteacher
November 4, 2008, 11:59 PM

Hear hear.

Kind of Blued
November 5, 2008, 12:06 AM
And 44 Valium to go with the 44 bottles of Jack Daniels! WOOHOO!

Deleted. I really can't say anything devoid of quasi-political RKBA-promoting jibber-jabber.

But please, donate to the NRA.

JLStorm
November 5, 2008, 12:06 AM
I just signed up a new EPL member...yay.

mljdeckard
November 5, 2008, 12:13 AM
If ALL gun owners were NRA members, WE WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

airforceteacher
November 5, 2008, 12:23 AM
I have 3 new in packaging 10/22 clips and all of my uncles good to go now to paint obamas face on a pumpkin and go plinking

Yeah ... you make America look good.

yongxingfreesty
November 5, 2008, 12:47 AM
44 ak mags!

Prince Yamato
November 5, 2008, 03:57 AM
What about an M44 Nagant?

Dr. Peter Venkman
November 5, 2008, 04:12 AM
What about an M44 Nagant?

Buying a Mosin-Nagant M44 would be fitting. A marxist-made rifle for a marxist president.

hobgob
November 5, 2008, 04:18 AM
Who you gonna call...Ghostbusters! .......hehe
thanx venkman!

psyopspec
November 5, 2008, 04:26 AM

Hear, hear! Tonight (as always) I am North Dakotan first and an American always. Take pride in that which our forefathers have won, and bear no shame in having lost one election of many. If you disagree with the election results, take proper political recourse and better luck next time.

Carl Levitian
November 5, 2008, 05:21 AM
To all my fellow shooters who have not joined the N.R.A. till now; What have you been waiting for!?

I am very often ashamed of my fellow gun owners, who like to talk the talk, but have been too cheap to walk the walk, ever though its the only game in town for us. With over 50 million gunowners in America, its a d--m shame there is less than 4 million members of the N.R.A.

Didn't want the AWB? Too bad the reps for the N.R.A. couldn't walk into some senators office's and say they repressented 30 million people. Or 40 million people. Too bad it takes electing Obama to get gun owners off thier butts to start taking a more active stand on defending thier beloved guns.

Instead of buying another gun, take the money and put it where your mouth is. Go buy a plane ticket to Washington D.C. and go visit your representitive in the big white building with the dome on top. Go tell your reps that you'll be watching thier voting record very carefully, and if they vote for any of Brady's gun bills, they'll be a one term rep. It makes a heck of an impression when somebody from back hme turns up in D.C. for a cause they believe that strongly for. If two people do it, they may think some. If three in one week do it, it's going to get thier attention. If it becomes a regular happening, they will keep it in mind.

The only way the Brady's will get anything done is if you all just belly ach, talk big, buy more guns that you will have to hand over the black uniforms. Don't want to loose your rights? Then take a few days off of work, take the AR or AK money, and go take a plane ride.

AND JOIN THE N.R.A. NOW!

The time has come to stop jacking your jaws with macho talk of "they'll have to pry it from your cold dead hands" and really do something. When they knock on your door,( that is if they knock instead of just bashing it down in well known ATF style) are you going to start fighting with your wife and kids right there? Remember what they did to the Weaver family on Ruby Ridge! No, what will happen is you'll hand over your guns like a good boy. Or maybe they'll just do what they did in England, and outright ban ownership and give a grace period to hand it in. After that, it will be 5 years in the house of many doors if cought with one. How many of you can afford to leave your wife and kids while spending some years in a federal pen? Think it can't happen? I know a couple of English guys who thought it couldn't. When it gets down to the wire, most gun owners will hand over the guns rather than risk prison.

Don't like that senario? Then go to Washinton and talk to your new reps and take a few of your fellow gun owners with you. If you have a gun club you're a member of, get a movenment going in to to have a field trip to Washinton with as many club members you can get to go.

Once upon a time in this land, some men left thier families and went to make stand at a bridge in Lexington Massachusetts. Well, it's time to make a trip again, and I wonder how many of you will do what it really will take to keep your guns.

Talk is cheap, time to do.

All you have to do is spend the price of a new AR for a cheap flight, and a motel room for one night.

Choice is yours.

Carl Levitian.

jordan1948
November 5, 2008, 06:45 AM
How many ammo cans fit in a long bed dodge?

A LOT!! Especially if you do like us backwoods boys and build the side walls up with wood lol

KC0QGL
November 5, 2008, 07:29 AM
On payday the wife and I and hopefully my dad will be joining the NRA.

Ben86
November 5, 2008, 07:36 AM
I say attempt to get 44 people to join the NRA. Not to mention buying every handgun you want, that will be the first gun type in him and joe the biden's sights.

Mp7
November 5, 2008, 07:40 AM
a StGw44 maybe?

( i was in the Us, when Bill Clinton was elected, and i must remark, that
i was impressed by the way americans TEND to close the ranks behind their leader once the election is over. Impress me again. This is a chance for the country. The RKBA is just a micro-topic in the big picture)

Flame Red
November 5, 2008, 07:48 AM
Thousands of rounds of .223

gunNoob
November 5, 2008, 07:49 AM
Remember Remember the 5th of November

Dave/hoff
November 5, 2008, 08:15 AM
Carl Levitian: So very well put. I enjoy reading your posts, and mostly agree with you. Truly "High Road".

To those who prefer to grouse and complain: I case you've forgotten, we live in a society of laws, AND we have the greatest governmental document EVER written, the U.S. Constitution; it's time to remember that we CAN make it work for us.

Democratic societies (i.e. representative republics, as we have here) only function when the citizens participate. Your representatives and senators only know what you want them to do when you TELL them what to do. That means in your state legislatures as well as in Congress.

Get busy, write letters, make phone calls, send e-mail...participate, or be prepared to allow someone else's interpretation of the Constitution to render your opinions irrelevent.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama to be 44th president, buy a 44 mag in honor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!